cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

leuse
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT not recognised, causing crashes when updating?

Hello,

I bought a brand new config :

MSI x570 Gaming Edge Motherboard

Ryzen 8 CPU

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU

I took my old HDD and SSD (which I already formatted)

I added a brand new M2

2 DDR4 8Go Ram 3000Mhz

650W PSU (I took the one from my old computer)

I installed a brand new Windows 10

I built this all up and it booted just fine

When I boot the computer it works fine. The 4 LEDs on the MB goes on & off like it should

When I look onto the Device Manager my GPU is not here, it says it's running the defaut ATI windows graphics

When I try to update the list of Devices it crashes

When I try to update the AMD driver (which I don't have any installed at the moment) it crashes

I flashed my BIOS to the last version available on MSI website (it went from 1.0 to 1.2)

When I look into my computer, my graphic card has the Radeon logo red glowing, the fan is spinning and the HDMI port on the GPU is working since I can see my monitor display what it's supposed to

I tried running this in safe mode, I tried switching PCI 1.0 port to GEN3 and then GEN4

I don't know what to do to make it so my computer "recognises" the GPU... Any help?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies

I've been having the same issue for almost a week. 

I have a Ryzen 7 2700x & the RX VEGA 64 on a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 motherboard. 

Such a headache. 

0 Likes
electric_tom
Journeyman III

I've been having similar problems for the last few days... When you say "I try to update the AMD driver (which I don't have any installed at the moment) it crashes" are you sure the entire computer is crashing? or is it possible the driver is making your monitor unrecognizable?

When I install the AMD drivers my screen goes blank (no video source), but when I plug in an older monitor it appears to still work. Something about the newest driver is making my UHD 4k display incompatible. If I install an older driver the computer doesn't even recognize the Rx 5700 XT, so I don't have sound or proper screen resolution. If I install the newest drivers I get a landslide of incompatibilities, and crashing. I've tried installing a number of different ways, and different drivers. In some install attempts I get the computer crashing with the warning "Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed: atikmdag.sys".

0 Likes