cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

perrycampbell
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT is not turning on my current APU does not have an Extra PCIE Power connector

OK I have just purchased a PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT graphics card from Ebyer.com I have it sat and secured in my Extra PCIE slot but the graphic card has a power area for an Extra PCIE power connector which my current APU does not have.

Any Ideas to help me I have sent a request for support from AMD-IT.com but they are currently closed until monday.

0 Likes
4 Replies

The PCIe Power connector to the GPU card comes directly from your PSU.  See if your PSU has a PCIe Power cable (6 or 8 Pin cables). If it doesn't then you would need to purchase an adapter PSU cable to connect to your GPU card.

Here are some examples of PCIe PSU Power cable adapters for GPU card:

Seems like your GPU card requires a 8 Pin PCIe PSU Power connector and a minimum PSU of 450 Watts.

Your Powercolor GPU Specs: AXRX 5500 XT 8GBD6-DHR/OC - PowerColor 

also:

But I imagine it should work on PCIe 3.0 but not sure if it is backwards compatible. Need to ask Powercolor Support.

0 Likes

Hi there thanks for getting in touch please see the attached image below of the adapter I have arriving today.

I have one of them ordered for smooth game performance hopefully it will boost the FPS of the game up a littlie bit instead of having 7 FPS

Many Thanks

Perry Campbell

PRCampbell

0 Likes

On this image the plug on the left is what my system has, also the 2nd image that is there look on the right my system also has that connected to the PSU it hidden on the black side of the case with a cover on it. So I must have got the correct wire for my Graphics Card

PRCampbell

0 Likes
bro-k
Journeyman III

Hi,

I'm having the same problem at the moment. 500w PSU with a 6 pin PCIe cable, I just ordered an adapter. Could you confirm if it resolved your issue ? If no, how did you do it ?

Thanks in advance,

Louis

0 Likes