Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

churraske
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon R9 270 outrageous Black Screen loop

Hi...

I was playing Dota 2 with Windows 8.1... my screen crashed and when I did a reboot it never started. Black screen always after the BIOS screen.

I always had the message "this driver has known issues blablaba" playing Tropico 6 and other games, but never had any problem playing them. It was the latest driver available for Windows 8.1

I did a full format, reinstall Windows 8.1 and when I'm installing the latest version Black Screen again, and again with any version I try is the same. 

When I realized that it was the video card I used the onboard... then discovered the blue screen THREAD DEVICE error. Until I deactivated the windows connection on the installing and avoid the automatic drivers installation.

I solved that... at that point I was trying with Windows 10.

Now that I can access to Windows, I tried to install several drivers versions and it's always the same. Black screen... again and again and again during the install. Some times I had to recovery the system because It doesn't even start windows, some times the cooler of the video card starts sooo hard that I think the PC is gona fly like a Drone

I updated my Windows completely, updated the BIOS... and everything you can imagine...

I don't know what else to do.. really... this cannot be that difficult... is outrageous that and expensive hardware like has this kind of issues and there isn't a simple solution around.

Windows 10 Home 64 bits

Alienware X51 R2

Bios A12

Intel Core i7-4700

Ram 16 gb

0 Likes
1 Reply

The problem is Windows, specifically Windows update. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year now. Windows update interferes with the driver installing properly. There are many, many threads about this here in these forums.

If you want to get a successful install. Do the following:

Download the AMD driver you want to load.

Download DDU form wagnardsoft_com. It includes instructions, read and follow them.

Disable hibernation/fast startup in Windows 10.

Run DDU from Safe Mode, while disconnected from the internet.

Re-Install the driver with internet disconnected. This keeps Windows update from interfering.

See if that doesn't get you going.

0 Likes