vikk7
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon R7 M360 graphics adapter driver BSOD crash on windows 10

Device Make:Lenovo ideapad 50015ISK
BIOS: CFCN24WWV1.06

GPU1- Intel HD graphics 520  driver ver. 21.20.16.4627

GPU2- Amd radeon R7 M360  driver ver.15.201.1001.1002. 4GB

CPU- intel core i5-6200u

when my laptop gets updated from Windows 10 Home single language version 1511 to version 1709.
After completing the update, laptop started experiencing Blue screen of death (BSOD) error with message of "VIDEO MANAGEMENT INTERNAL".

This is what happening

1) On older windows 10 ver.1511, M360 works well with stock drivers which are given by manufacturer (lenovo) ,the driver is 2 year old and manufacturer site is not providing latest drivers for latest windows 10 versions.

2)when windows gets automatically updated to version 1709.The driver from manufacturer and any latest driver from Even AMD site do not support on latest windows 10 versions

and laptop crashes to bsod.

currently i am using my laptop on factory settings with windows version 1511 and gpu drivers version mentioned above laptop works fine but i cannot update my windows 10 due to BSOD.

I have not tried windows 10 1803 and any latest driver available on amd site, Currently amd site says i can download 18.5.1 for r7 m360

here another thing that i found - lenovo thinkpad laptops are provided with drivers which were released earlier on lenovo sites,these laptop also uses same r7 m360 hardware but lenovo is providing different drivers for them, my question should i try them.

below is the link.-

Downloads Detail ds105379 - in

0 Likes
1 Reply
TuoBerg
Journeyman III

First of all, I have seen many people with the same problem with this specific card on many different brand of pcs, so I wanted to comment it on the first search result to be helpful to other guys I had the same issue on a HP laptop with the same driver and tried hours and days, reinstalling windows to bios updates to try all new and old drivers. None was the solution, until I changed the boot from the Bios to legacy boot. so this is the only solution, if you start your pc without legacy support, the pc will crash down no matter what you try. When you change your boot to legacy, it works as a charm and the device will be recognised by windows immediately after you restart.

0 Likes