abhi0068
Journeyman III

Amd radeon r5 m335

I have a Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop running on 

I5-6200u cpu 

8gb ram 

Amd radeon r5 m335 8gb graphic card

The latest drivers installed on my laptop are 21.09.03.08-210511a-368456c 

The game is running very poorly and is unable to use the graphic card shows only 512mb video memory is available

I tried everything but of no use 

Someone please help me

0 Likes
1 Reply

If you Dell Support AMD Drivers are very out-dated then you can try and use AMD Basic laptop Graphics driver. Otherwise it is best to use Dell's AMD driver instead if possible. It is 100% compatible with your laptop.

Your R5 m335 isn't supported by AMD for updates anymore. The last AMD driver for your GPU card is from 06/21/2021: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r5-series/amd-radeon-r5-300-series/amd-radeon-r5-...

Upload 2 GPU-Z images showing both the Intel APU Integrated Graphics and AMD R5 m335 Graphcs.

In a laptop you must have the latest Intel Graphics Driver, CHIPSET, & BIOS installed, Plus Windows  must be fully updated via Windows Update.

When you mentioned the GPU has 512MB is that the Integrated or the R5 m335 GPU card?

In some laptop BIOS you can change the amount of vRAM that the Integrated Graphics uses from System RAM. But if there are no BIOS settings then that means the amount of vRAM on your Integrated Graphics is fixed and can't be changed.

The R5 m335 is considered to be a Discrete separate GPU card and it has a fixed amount of vRAM on it.