cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

equinox_
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon R3 is not detected

I just bought an HP Notebook with an AMD processor and the AMD Radeon R3 graphics card. 
The problem is that no driver can be found and installed for this graphics card. This means that the graphics card is not used and the computer's function is severely restricted. 
I have already read all the information and also used downloads from AMD that should find the driver automatically. Without success. 
The graphics card is NOT shown in the device manager - it's like it isn't existing. 
The only way to see, that there really IS the AMD Radeon R3 in this Notebook is in the details of the motherboard.

So maybe anybody could help me out??  

0 Likes
5 Replies

Find the model of your processor, then on driver download page start by choosing 'Processor with Graphics''.

Follow on in each box for 'Laptop'.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Ooooh, thank you very much! 
I'm struggling to figure out which driver to install here.
The processor is called AMD A4-9125, but I can only find A4-6210, A4-7210 or A4 Micro-6400T with Radeon R3 among the drivers for laptops.
Sorry, but I'm not really that much into computers.  

0 Likes

There is a A4-9120, but I can't say use that.

You may need to use the drivers (updates) from HP only.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

HP doesn't have any...

0 Likes

equinox. wrote:

HP doesn't have any...

HP is more or less now a commodity PC vendor. So AMD's generic mobile APU drivers should identify your processor fine.

0 Likes