cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

donmand
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Pro SSG

Okay so this question is regarding this product: https://pro.radeon.com/en/product/pro-series/radeon-pro-ssg/ It says theres 2TB of memory. Quite simply will this 2TB of memory act as normal GPU Vram, or are there any programs I have to install drivers etc that will make this act as normal VRam or is it not even possible?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
10 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Re: AMD Radeon Pro SSG

fsadough​ might be able to help.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
donmand
Journeyman III

Also will the GPU use the 2TB as memory for it if it uses more than 16GB? I understand that itll be slower using the on board SSG I just need verification that the SSG will be used as VRAM i

0 Likes
donmand
Journeyman III

Anyone got any ideas then?

0 Likes
fsadough
Staff
Staff

donmand
Journeyman III

So just to confirm, the 2TB SSG will act as GPU memory then? (Once the 16GB has been used) Theres no need for a special implementation of the SSG API or anything of the sort? fsadough

0 Likes
fsadough
Staff
Staff

0 Likes
donmand
Journeyman III

So just to clarify, if I ran a program that needs lets say 128GB of ram, will it not automatically overflow into the SSG? If not, will I need to request with the developers of the program to use the SSG memory?

0 Likes
fsadough
Staff
Staff

0 Likes
fsadough
Staff
Staff

0 Likes