cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

donmand
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Pro SSG

Okay so this question is regarding this product: https://pro.radeon.com/en/product/pro-series/radeon-pro-ssg/ It says theres 2TB of memory. Quite simply will this 2TB of memory act as normal GPU Vram, or are there any programs I have to install drivers etc that will make this act as normal VRam or is it not even possible?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
11 Replies

fsadough​ might be able to help.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
donmand
Journeyman III

Also will the GPU use the 2TB as memory for it if it uses more than 16GB? I understand that itll be slower using the on board SSG I just need verification that the SSG will be used as VRAM i

0 Likes
donmand
Journeyman III

Anyone got any ideas then?

0 Likes

So just to confirm, the 2TB SSG will act as GPU memory then? (Once the 16GB has been used) Theres no need for a special implementation of the SSG API or anything of the sort? fsadough

0 Likes

So just to clarify, if I ran a program that needs lets say 128GB of ram, will it not automatically overflow into the SSG? If not, will I need to request with the developers of the program to use the SSG memory?

0 Likes
beaker7
Journeyman III

Donmand,

No, the 2TB memory will not act as normal GPU memory by default.  The developer must implement specific API calls and support using the NVME volume as memory.

For instance, the recently released Adobe Premiere Pro version is the first application to claim to support the SSG.  However, it still does not work using the latest drivers.  There are some indications in the Adobe software it may do so in the future, with the new persistent cache option.  However in my testing the option doesn't actually do anything.

So for the time being, with the SSG you get a wx9100 with a 2TB NVME drive bolted on.

msjavid77
Journeyman III

hi , bios my card ( Radeon pro ssg ) is erased, and no booted , any body dose have it ?

0 Likes