I just finished building my desktop and when I turn the computer on the VGA led on the motherboard comes on (indicating that the motherboard doesn't recognize the GPU) and it stays like that. Nothing is shown on the display and I cannot even reach the set up.
Here is some more information on my system: (Everything was purchased brand new)
Motherboard MSI MPG X570 Wireless
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 threadripper 3950X
RAM Corsair vengence 3200 MHz 2x32 Gb
GPU1 AMD Radeon Instinct MI25 (server accelerator, it doesn't have any display port) installed on PCIe 1
GPU2 Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (oc edition). Installed on PCIe 3 and is connected to the display
OS Ubuntu 20.04 (LTS) Server
Here are what I have done so far:
1. I have made sure that the GPU is properly sitting on the motherboard
2. I have reset the BIOS and updated it last night without GPU1 installed. (because when it is installed I can't reach the setup)
3. I have installed the ROCm driver package as instructed on AMD website.
4. I have upgraded the PSU from 650W to 850W
5. I have made sure that all the cables have been connected properly as instructed
6. I have tried to boot with GPU1 only with no luck
7. I have installed GPU1 on PCIe3 but no luck
8. The computer boots fine when only GPU2 is installed
In all the cases, whenever GPU1 is installed the VGA led on the motherboard comes and GPU1 slowly warms up after a few minutes.
I appreciate any help.
Seems to be the Instinct is incompatible with either your motherboard, OS installed, or some other hardware installed since the normal GPU Nvidia card works fine and is recognized.
I would open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and ask them whether the Instinct can be used with your system setup or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form
Also try posting your question at AMD Forums Server Gurus which deals with Server Hardware like the M125 Instinct and its Server OSes from here; https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus/ct-p/amd-server-gurus