cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

churumburum
Journeyman III

AMD radeon HD 7670M DOESN'T WORK !???

I have literally tried everything, this gpu just does not work.
I have tried every driver and everything is the same, i have an hp pavilion g6-2336tx with intel hd 4000 and amd radeon HD 7670M, and i think since 2015 i have never used it.
All the games i have played is using intel hd 4000, i went to the hp website and detected my laptop, it gave me the drivers i should install, and they didn't work both intel and amd, so that's out of the way the drivers from the manufacturer's website don't work, now let's test the drivers from amd website, i found that i should install either 15.7.1 version or 16.2 crimson edition, they both installed succesfully, but i get the same fps with or without them, even when i turn on high performance and create a profile or whatever and it's the same, i installed MSI afterburner, and it showed me 0 stats on the amd gpu, even the total vram is ~1800mb which means it's only intel working, but then i found a video on youtube and it showed that the correct driver version that works is 14.3, i tried the driver and it showed me ~4000mb or vram i was happy thought i finally installed my gpu.
But then it gave me errors whenever i tried to use an app that requires administrative permission, and it gave me errors even after i restarted the system it just corrupted the system, now i can safely say i tried everything and searched everywhere and i can safely say this gpu doesn't work, maybe it stopped working since 2015 or something, since i can find people with the same problem i have and haven't found solutions, i live in a third world country and it's basically impossible for me to upgrade to a better machine, any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Replies
ragus
Journeyman III

Same problem here with a HP G6 Intel HD3000 + 7670M. And after updating Windows 10 x64 May update 1903 this became horrible with black screens in games and forcing Dx9 en many games because is the only way to make it work.

0 Likes

It sounds then like you have had an issues since purchase. You possibly have had a lemon from the start and should have exchanged or returned it. Most laptops should only use the drivers from Laptop maker as many laptops GPU specs are changed by the OEM, (HP in your case) from the reference specs provided by AMD. HP then has to make the drivers work for the changes they made, thus custom drivers. There is never any guarantee that the vanilla drivers from AMD will work down the line as they cant account for the deviations the OEM made on their model. It really worries me that in your case it NEVER worked. Makes me think bad hardware from the start.

Please reply back with exactly what drivers and what OS you are running for instance the latest is Windows 10 64bit 1903. So we can eliminate some variables before giving further advice.

The information in general asked for before posting for help is:

When posting a new question, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue making sure to include the relevant hardware and software configuration. 
For example:

• Issue Description: [Describe your issue in detail here]
  • Hardware: [Describe the make and model of your: Graphics Card, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Display(s), etc.]
  • Software: [Describe version or release date of your: Operating System, Game/Application, Drivers, etc.]

Take a look to at this general help page from AMD, it may offer some advice that you have not done.

https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

0 Likes