cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

suriya_sk
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon dedicated graphics is not recognised in hp ba-021ax

i have a hp ba-021ax laptop my hp support page shows i have a 2gb radeon R7 M440 dedicated graphics but any of my games run in  r7 graphics they all run in primary R5 graphics only AMD auto detect tool also recognises my graphics as R7 M340 only please help me with this issue thanks in advance for anyone who considers...

0 Likes
2 Replies
taru
Adept II

This issue is caused due to the device ID mismatch however the drivers are same for the both the graphic cards. Due to the ID mismatch you are noticing the R7 m340 as your graphic card. It will not cause any performance issue with the ID mismatch in your system.

configure the switchable graphics https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017#faq-Monitoring-Integrated-and-Discrete-GPU-Usage

0 Likes

According to your laptop specs you have an A10-9600P APU installed. If this is correct, you need to install the APU driver and not the Discrete R7 driver.  The APU driver will install both the Integrated and Discrete GPU AMD Drivers for your laptop.

Here is the latest A10-9600P APU Driver for your laptop from AMD Download page: 7th Gen A10-9600P APU Drivers & Support | AMD 

Here is how to update your HP  Laptop: Laptop graphics update...How to 

You also have a new BIOS version update that may help if you have a AMD Processor: HP Notebook - 15-ba021ax - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.34 Rev.A20.5 MBJan 18, 2019

Download

Also when you install AMD generic laptop drivers it may not indicate the same laptop GPU card installed but it will work just the same as mentioned in a previous comment.

Basically HP laptop drivers will show the correct GPU cards installed.

0 Likes