cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

UriF
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon 7700 and HDMI

I have my old DELL XPS-8500 desktop with AMD Radeon 7700 video card.   It has been supplied with 24" VGA monitor.  I have only DVI input.  My old monitor dead and I bought a new one.   The old monitor has been connected through DVI-VGA adapter.  The new 24" monitor has 2 inputs - VGA & HDMI.  I checked my desktop's back and found out that text "HDMI" without HDMI slot (just a small plastic panel where HDMI slot supposed to be).  I don't know:

1.  Is my video card support HDMI?

2.  (if video card support HDMI) Could I use DVI-HDMI adapter (monitor manufacturer supply HDMI cable)?

3.  (if video card support HDMI) Is it make sense to call technician which could install HDMI slot?

4.  (if video card support HDMI) Would it make any sense to use HDMI input instead of VGA input?

P.S.  I bought this desktop in 2013

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

Information from AIDA64:

GPU Model
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

GPU Vendor ID
1002h (AMD)

Dedicated Video Memory
2027 MB

0 Likes
5 Replies

Download Techpowerup GPU-Z, use the 'Lookup' button and should take you to database with Specs.(and exact card model)  which should list output ports on the card.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thank you. I can see following:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/dell-hd-7770-ghz-edition-2-gb.b853

Outputs 1x DVI
1x HDMI
2x mini-DisplayPort

Therefore my video card supports HDMI. I don't understand why Dell did not include slots for HDMI & mini-DisplayPort

Now let's start with other questions

0 Likes

May be they are hidden behind the plastic cover you mention ?

Could be just a dust cover/plug. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Nope.  No slot.  It is more interesting.  I checked DVI input (made photo and compare to DVI types).  It is DVI-A, i.e. analog input non-compatible with HDMI.  It is a DVI-A to VGA adapter connected to to VGA cable

0 Likes
UriF
Journeyman III

0 Likes