cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Inho11c
Adept I

AMD Radeon 6700xt

I have just received a AMD radeon 6700 XT bought through StockX and it seems to work (the fan and the led works) but the pc didn't recognize that i have a grapich card. I am unable to detect it in device manager or even in the BIOS. I can't install the drivers because I'm getting error 173 from Adrenaline software (hardware not found). Given the dubious provenance of the article from StockX I'm afraid I received a faulty video card, but my hope is that there is some software incompatibility. Up to now, due to the inability to find a video card I have used the processor's integrated graphics so there should be no conflict with the previous video card drivers. What do you think? If it was a video card problem then AMD hardware would fix it with the warranty? Thanks in advance for your answers

0 Likes
1 Solution
Inho11c
Adept I

Reset the motherboard BIOS (clear CMOS). Remove the CMOS battery for few minutes and reinsert it.

Make sure you have installed latest BIOS and chipset drivers in your system .

Please take a backup of your system or create system restore point before proceeding with uninstallation of drivers.

Ensure you have installed all the Windows updates and using latest Windows build and check the issue status .

DDUTool: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/download/DDU%20v18.0.3.5.exe (This tool will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.)

Drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-5-1

Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file. 

• Download the drivers and DDU tool from above links.

• Restart the Computer into Safe mode.

• Run the DDU tool and select Device type (RHS of the tool) and select Clean and restart.

• Once the system boots into normal mode, run the driver installer and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Once the drivers are installed, reboot the system.

The AMD support sent me this and it worked!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Pedrito0906
Adept III

Install the card, make sure the cables are fine, go the motherboard BIOS screen, go to tools then go to "on board components" and see if it detects the graphic card installed.

Regarding replacements, AMD has a closure that says the card will only be replaced to the original buyer not second hand, which is bull**bleep** since the warranty should be for card not for the buyer. 

good luck, keep us posted. 

0 Likes

I am sure I have installed the video card correctly but if I enter the bios no component is detected in the pcie-1 port. Could it be that I need to disable my processor's integrated graphics? In that case, however, I would not be able to see anything but a black screen! As far as the warranty is concerned it's crazy ... the video card has been out for a month and I still have the adhesive on the screws which guarantees that this has never been opened ... how would those in the factory to trace who it is the first owner?

0 Likes

Do you have the monitor connected to the graphics card (not the onboard) when trying to install drivers ?

And no, you do not have any warranty as you are not the original buyer from an authorized e/tailer, retailer.

Please supply system specs (components) for possible further troubleshooting.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

no I don't have the monitor connected to the video card when I try to install the drivers because the monitor is completely black since no video card is detected and so how could the screen work?
my components are:
intel i7-10700k
mobo z490 gaming x ax gigabyte
4x8 3600g skill royale
kraken z73
sabrent nvme geen 4 1 tb
focus 650w

being the recent pc it should be all compatible. It seems absurd to me that neither the purchase site nor AMD can refund or fix a non-working product that I have regularly paid and where I have paid commission fees that guaranteed me an authentic and functioning product.

0 Likes

Have you checked through motherboard bios settings (reread the manual). Assume your setup for uefi (boot/drive/graphics).

Does the card show in device manager under 'show hidden devices'.

With card mounted/powered (not connected to monitor) have you tried windows check for updates (maybe  missing/corrupt wddm driver ?).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Inho11c
Adept I

Reset the motherboard BIOS (clear CMOS). Remove the CMOS battery for few minutes and reinsert it.

Make sure you have installed latest BIOS and chipset drivers in your system .

Please take a backup of your system or create system restore point before proceeding with uninstallation of drivers.

Ensure you have installed all the Windows updates and using latest Windows build and check the issue status .

DDUTool: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/download/DDU%20v18.0.3.5.exe (This tool will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.)

Drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-5-1

Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file. 

• Download the drivers and DDU tool from above links.

• Restart the Computer into Safe mode.

• Run the DDU tool and select Device type (RHS of the tool) and select Clean and restart.

• Once the system boots into normal mode, run the driver installer and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Once the drivers are installed, reboot the system.

The AMD support sent me this and it worked!

0 Likes

How can you restart in safe mode when you cannot see the monitor? I am also having this problem recently but upgrading from another card that is playing up/dying (I have my own post but is not linked here). It won’t detect my card.

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/rx6700xt-no-screen-not-found-not-connected-to-monitor/m-p/5075...

0 Likes