Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

stuk
Adept I

AMD radeon 6670

Hi,

I know the 6670 cannot support 3 screens plugged into the card it self but what if i had 2 screens plugged in to the card and 1 via USB, would that work?

Thanks,

Liton

0 Likes
1 Solution

Your  Asus HD 6670 DisplayPort looks like it supports MST according to this Tech website: https://www.displayport.org/pr/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series-first-to-achieve-displayport-1-2-source-cer... 

With a MST hub connected to your GPU DisplayPort (version 1.2)  output you can try and connect 3 monitors.

From Asus concerning the HD 6670 shows it is compatible using AMD Eyefinity and supports up to 3 monitors: EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 | Graphics Cards | ASUS USA 

You should be able to connect 3 monitors at the same time using the GPU video outputs of - HDMI, DP, & DVI.

You can always purchase an "Active" Adapter to convert the GPU output to the same input as your Monitors.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

The Sapphire HD 6670 supports 3 monitors: Sapphire RADEON HD 6670 graphics card - Radeon HD 6670 - 1 GB Series Specs - CNET 

But the XFX HD 6670 1 gbyte seems to support only 2 monitors: XFX Radeon HD 6670 graphics card - Radeon HD 6670 - 1 GB Series Specs - CNET 

Need to post your GPU Make & Model to determine if it support 2 or 3 monitors.

If you have an APU besides your GPU card you might be able to connect a third monitor via the Motherboard's video outputs from the APU (Processor with Integrated Graphics).

After you post your Motherboard, CPU, & GPU's Make & Model I might be able to see if you can use MST on the Display-port if your GPU card has one.

0 Likes

Hi, 

I am sorry should have said in the original question the gpu is a

Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5

And my mother board is a 

gigabyte ga-h61m-s2pv

I have looked around online but the only answer I could find said the gpu was not capable of running 3 screens as for the on-board VGA same again the only information I could find was to run it from the graphics card but nothing on running both at the same time.

Thanks, 

0 Likes

Your  Asus HD 6670 DisplayPort looks like it supports MST according to this Tech website: https://www.displayport.org/pr/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series-first-to-achieve-displayport-1-2-source-cer... 

With a MST hub connected to your GPU DisplayPort (version 1.2)  output you can try and connect 3 monitors.

From Asus concerning the HD 6670 shows it is compatible using AMD Eyefinity and supports up to 3 monitors: EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 | Graphics Cards | ASUS USA 

You should be able to connect 3 monitors at the same time using the GPU video outputs of - HDMI, DP, & DVI.

You can always purchase an "Active" Adapter to convert the GPU output to the same input as your Monitors.

0 Likes

Hi, 

Thank you so much for your help, a new dp to vga connector arrived today plugged it in and all 3 are working now.

Thank you again.