cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Re: AMD Radeon 6600xt restart pc when screen timeout is turned on?

Jump to solution

Oh, thank goodness, it's not just me... both me and my partner have had this issue where our computers have rebooted when the monitor is shut off in Windows after X amount of time, and on occasion the 6600 XT has been marked as disabled too, which makes us have to re-enable it and then reinstall the drivers to get it to work properly. We've 'fixed' it by setting the screen-turnoff to 'Never', but I'm still having issues with my computer rebooting when I remote into it via Parsec.

AMD, if you can let us know if this is something you're looking into, please do, because it's clearly affecting multiple people.

Jomanaca
Adept II

Jump to solution

I think we have to wait AMD to fix this

ytumer
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Created an account to say that I am experiencing the same issue. When my monitor (PC still running) goes to sleep I am unable to wake it back up using keyboard or mouse input. I have to hard reset my PC.

simplysimon911
Adept III

Jump to solution

What happens if you just turn the monitor off and on  when everything goes black 

ytumer
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It says there is no signal and goes back to sleep.

Sanderch
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Just posted similar issues with a saphire nitro + 6600xt mine is a bit worse as it defaults to the red VGA warning light on reset and have ro do 3rd power cycle to get it to boot. Just disabled sleep mode till I find fix  

simplysimon911
Adept III

Jump to solution

You can try ctrl shift b to restart the gpu driver..i still think its windows as the power profiles are buggered in win 10

Jump to solution

That wouldn't explain why my computer had no issues with this before upgrading to the 6600 XT, though.

havoc-28
Adept II

Jump to solution

Sorry but i think that it's not an windows related issue . If it was, i would have similar problems with a RX590 / GTX 980 or the integrated graphics that i tested in the same machine, prior the 6600 XT Nothing similar happened for months as pointed by others. 

Windows power plans work perfectly fine in my computer and they don't go away when i restart the computer or what ever, they work as intended. If i put energy saving, the processors frequency will try to stay as low as possible etc.

6600 XT Power consumption number at idle are astonishing low, i guess that's the issue is there, maybe too aggressive for some chips ...

simplysimon911
Adept III

Jump to solution

well you well have to wait for a driver update but my 6900xt using virtually nothing at idle. i suggest turn the pc off when not in use or dont use power save to turn off the monitor. I leave all mine active otherwise, shutdown. Why leave the pc on anyway?