Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

therealgherkhin
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon 5500 XT 8 GB problem in games

Hello,

I just bought a brand new RX 5500 XT and installed it in my computer. When I play CSGO or other games the game freezes after several minutes and I have to end it in the task-manager. Only the game itself freezes and no other programs are affected.

After restarting the game I can play for another 5-10 minutes and then the game freezes again. I already have reinstalled windows and the games.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

550 W Power Supplie (old)

ASRock B450M Pro 4

G.Skill RipJaws 2 x 8 GB 3000 Mhz

0 Likes
1 Reply

It could be heat or power related. Since you say that power supply is old it may not be delivering the power you need under load anymore. You can test if it drops below 12v with a free utility called OCCT from ocbase dot com.

If that test has all components pass I would try raising the "Power Limit" slider in Radeon Settings to its maximum and see if that helps. The slider is in Radeon Settings / Performance /  Tuning. Just slide it all the way to the right. 

If the issue is heat related you can try a more aggressive fan curve also in Radeon Settings that kicks the fans up higher sooner.

Was this always an issue or did it just start recently, or after a driver update?

If it only happens in just this one game it just could be you need to tweak some in game settings. 

This is a pretty good optimization guide for that game: 

https://esportsjunkie.com/2018/03/28/best-csgo-settings-optimization-guide-2018-samiz1337

0 Likes