cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ashkutt
Journeyman III

AMD Radeo HD 7700 Multi Monitor issue

I have a custom built PC with two AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series. Each of the Radeon HD 7700 has 6 mini Dp. So in all it should support 12 monitor display between the two of the graphics card.

I got 8 27 inch monitors to connect and only 4 monitors display. I used a mini dp to HDMI cable and connected to my HDMI output of monitor.  After spending hours I came to a conclusion that only 2 displays from each of the graphics card work. Not sure why this happens. In previous years I had built similar Pcs with Nvidia and never had issues. Made me regret buying AMD. Sorry for venting my frustration here. 

All drivers are up to date on both intel and AMD. Any help is greatly appreciated. PCs and any of the components are not my forte and anyone who can help me solve this I willing to pay for their time as well as I need this issue resolved to get my work going. Not having all the displays is hindering my work. 

Thanks again.

Ash

0 Likes
3 Replies
fsadough

HD7700 with 6x mDP Outputs? Can you send a photo? Which card is it?

0 Likes

20220318_075423 (1).jpg

Radeon HD 7750 2GB GDDR5 6M (6x MiniDP)
Key Features:
AMD Eyefinity Technology
DirectX® 11
AMD Stream Technology
DTS Master Audio
AMD PowerTune Technology
Open GL® 4.6
Open CL™ 1.2
6 x mDP

**To achieve 6 displays using adapters, 4 must be (mDP to DP displays) or 4 Active Adapters must be used (sold separately).

I read it on their websites. I don't know the answer but I hope this could help.

*** Why can't I get video output from more than 2 monitors?
If you are converting your connection from a DisplayPort signal (mDP, DP) to a non DisplayPort signal such as HDMI, DVI or VGA active adapters are required after 2 displays.