cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

zigurat
Journeyman III

AMD r9 m200x cant run black desert on low

Hello, i've been using this pc (16 ram, R9M200x, i7-4710HQ) for a year now and had little trouble running any next gen high spec game.  

But since amd's last software actualization (the one who replaced catalyst control center) i cant run smoothly any new game that i add to my pc, the last one I tried is black desert, which has rather high requirements but it runs stuthering even in the lowest settings.

I want to know what is exactly causing this game to run so rough, it doesnt even heat the surface like other games which run great are used to doing.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Re: AMD r9 m200x cant run black desert on low

What R9 M200X series model do you have?

0 Kudos
zigurat
Journeyman III

sorry but i dont know what do you refer by model

0 Kudos

M265, M270, M275, M280, M290?

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Are you using the new 16.3 drivers? You have switchable graphics on the laptop? Have you selected high performance mode for that game? Have you enabled Overdrive? Is your computer power plan set to 'high performance' ...not 'balanced' ? What operating system?

0 Kudos
zigurat
Journeyman III

just m200x

0 Kudos
zigurat
Journeyman III

Yes ive tried all sort of latest drivers, high performance is selected, its windows 8 and i dont know what overdrive is.

It seems like the new amd settings display isnt making the game to use the amd card, even thought i have the profile created for the game. I didnt have any problems back when we had catalyst control center.

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are no new drivers available for Windows 8.

Use the free upgrade option to move to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

0 Kudos

There is no M200X, and there is a substantial difference between the M265X and M290X.

0 Kudos
jonnyny
Journeyman III

just try this ..eliminate tasellaion , eliminate shader cash...for the rest use application setting ..in other word the game run realy bad whit ati card i have a r7 370 and when my gpu process skill effect my fps drop frm 60 to 20-30 ati are bad whit skill effect and other stuff like fire light , fire, spells effect etc

0 Kudos