cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

clsmithj
Adept II

AMD latest hardware is not ready for The Division 2 @ 1080p Ultra FreeSync

I challenge anyone with a X470 motherboard, a RX 5700XT and an 3rd gen ZEN2 Ryzen CPU. To try and run Tom Clancy's "The Division 2" game configured at 1080p resolution at Ultra quality, 144Hz refresh, and V-Sync OFF in the game settings. Then enable Free-Sync, EnhancedSync, and Anti-Lag all under Radeon Settings.

With those configurations you are going to get the best graphic quality with the highest frame rate, but probably like me just 5-10 minutes of game play because your game will crash like crazy and possibly reboot your entire system.

This has been my experience and I suspect it is a global issue with this hardware.

The specs of my PC running this game are:

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1903 Build
MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC with 7B77v19 BIOS revision
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with BoostOverdrive with Enhanced 2 in BIOS
32GB DDR4 Viper4 3000 RAM OC to 3733 at 20-22-22-22-39 stable
Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition configured with a small OC and fan profile (don't worry, I tried it with no OC and still crashes) on Radeon Software 19.8.1
Installed on 1TB HDD

I find with the BIOS revision 7B77v1A released this month with the same configuration as above, I am able to get 15-20 minutes of game play before it crashes. 

Which leads me to wonder is X470 just not enough for Ryzen 3000 ?  Is X570 more stable with games released this year and Ryzen 3000?

0 Likes
7 Replies
clsmithj
Adept II

Also my AMD GPU be spiking, what I mean by that is I keep TechPowerUp's GPU-Z running in the background to monitor the clocks,temps etc.  and every time I check GPU clock I'm noticing it maxing the GPU well beyond the overclock that is at 2061Mhz in Radeon Settings, and it's showing a few extreme spikes like right now 3561Mhz.  What is with this?

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

I personally haven't experienced crashes running the Division 2 with Ryzen 3600 and RX 5700 XT (reference) on a B450 motherboard (played this game for ~22 hours in total with this config)
- PBO+auto oc are disabled since the actual clock improvement is very small in my case
- Windows 10 Pro v.1903
- Ram at 3600 mhz, F.clock at 1800 mhz
- 1440p 144hz screen, Ultra preset with volumetric fog at medium setting, Dx 12
- Vsync off, Freesync on, Enchanced sync off (always), Anti-Lag off (the game has it's own similar built in feature).
- Using msi afterburner in a background, max gpu clock is at ~2030 mhz. But i had the spiking bug that you described on Vega 56 gpu with VSR (virtual super resolution enabled + running game at non native resolution + limiting framerate at the same time)

0 Likes

alseu wrote:

I personally haven't experienced crashes running the Division 2 with Ryzen 3600 and RX 5700 XT (reference) on a B450 motherboard (played this game for ~22 hours in total with this config)
- PBO+auto oc are disabled since the actual clock improvement is very small in my case
- Windows 10 Pro v.1903
- Ram at 3600 mhz, F.clock at 1800 mhz
- 1440p 144hz screen, Ultra preset with volumetric fog at medium setting, Dx 12
- Vsync off, Freesync on, Enchanced sync off (always), Anti-Lag off (the game has it's own similar built in feature).
- Using msi afterburner in a background, max gpu clock is at ~2030 mhz. But i had the spiking bug that you described on Vega 56 gpu with VSR (virtual super resolution enabled + running game at non native resolution + limiting framerate at the same time)

This helped significantly!

I went into the BIOS and set Precision Boost Overdrive from Enhanced 2 back to Auto (which GamerNexis says is "stock specification" for disabled) and I was able to complete an entire mission for the first time with no crashing.  I was looking for a way to restart a completed mission because I realized I forgot something. I ESC paused the game, walked away to make a PBJ sandwich, when I came back the game was still paused and suddenly it went to the The Division 2 Send crash report window.   So that one little setting in the BIOS made a huge difference. 

0 Likes

Yes, by "disabled" i meant "Auto" setting, i apologize for not specifying it.

Can you please check what caused the crash in event viewer?
Do you still experience system reboots/BSoD crashes?
You mentioned that your ram is stable. Which stress tests did you run to check stability of cpu+ram? The Division 2 has significantly higher ram usage than most games. 

0 Likes

The game still crashes, it just I can play it longer now before it crashes. It crashes in randomly in of the following fashions:

Either A.  Black screen crash, which requires a hard reset. 

B.   Application close crash, displays Ubisoft game has crashed send report message.  

C.   Black screen crash, which triggers an auto reboot.  

I stress test the RAM using the Membench feature in the DRAM Calculator utility. 

I ran the RAM at XMP settings and it still crashed which is why I know it's not the RAM. 

One thing I noticed which is why I am posting my problems here and at Ubisoft is this:

radeonsettingsA.PNG

radeonsettingsA1.PNG

There is no game profile in Radeon Settings for this game, which makes me wonder if AMD haven't tested this game yet for compatibility with it's hardware.  

radeonsettingsA2.PNG

In other, non-Ubi games there are hardware profiles

radeonsettingsA3.PNG

radeonsettingsA4.PNG

0 Likes
justuser
Journeyman III

Have problems too, with division 2 only.

When it just starts on full screen I have blue screen with error video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error.2.jpg

1.jpg

0 Likes
kl4v
Journeyman III

I got problems with The Division 2 too since I do own a Radeon RX 5700 XT. The game is running very smoothly (~ 75 - 125 FPS with an mix of mid / high settings and DX12 @1440p). But after some playtime there are micro stutterings occuring and sometimes the framerate does also drop to ~10 FPS for ~4-5 seconds, then the framerate goes up again. Thies does happen over and over again till I restart the game. After the restart it runs again without and noticeable framedrops, but after some time same thing does happen again. There seems to be no reason for this framedrops. Even if I stand still in an area where is no action at all it happens. I've tryed almost everything already... + it does also happen if I enable DX11, the performance is overall even more bad then (I am loosing ~ 15 - 20 FPS!)...

The game is installed on an SSD, 32GB DDR4 2800MHz RAM, Ryzen 5 2600...

I guess that this is an simple driver issue and hope that it will be fixed soon (like hopefully all the other Bugs that I am experiencing right now since I do have this GPU...). Oh and sometimes the game does also crash, so...

0 Likes