Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jiranzo
Journeyman III

AMD Graphics not working

Hi,

I have an AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 and suddenly my screen stop working. Neither HDMI nor VGA port is working. In addition the ethernet port works intermittently.

I have tried updating all drivers using the tool that AMD provides but nothing worked. 

Has anyone faced the same issue? If so, how did you solve it?

Thank you in advance!

Javier

0 Likes
4 Replies
fsadough

Ryzen 5 2600 is a CPU and has no graphics. You refer to HDMI and VGA, so I assume you have an onboard GPU. So, you have a contradiction in your message. If Ethernet fails as well, I suggest you check your motherboard, this can't be a CPU problem.

0 Likes
harishgupta
Adept II

Can you confirm if processor model is correct. There is no integrated graphics in mentioned CPU model

AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 | AMD

If you are using card for graphics which possibly might not be working can be due to driver or components get loosen/dirt deposit.

Basic troubleshooting :

If driver issue - Start your computer in safe mode with minimal setting. Uninstall/roll back the driver to last good configuration.

If Card issue : Remove the card from slot. Use soft eraser to clean the contacts and use blower to remove dust.

To do so:
Go to Safe Mode.
In Device Manager, under category “Display adapters”, right-click on AMD Graphics device and click Uninstall.
Windows will prompt you to confirm the uninstallation. 
Reboot Windows.
After rebooting, if you still get this error, try to perform a clean install of AMD drivers again.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

0 Likes
jiranzo
Journeyman III

Hi,

it's strange because I have an nvidia grapichs but in addition I have and hdmi and vga port that come direct from the motherboard. I used to be able to use two screens, one connected to the Nvidia (that one is working fine) and one to the motherboard (that one stopped working a few weeks ago). 

At the same place in motherboard I have the ethernet port which is not working fine too.

Kr,

Javier

0 Likes