cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Richard_Son
Journeyman III

AMD graphics driver keeps reverting to default one

I have a Dell Inspiron 3500 with Windows 11 OS, with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors. I botched up my laptop somehow, and had to do a reset, and since then this keeps happening.

If I install the AMD Ryzen 5 3500U graphics driver via the AMD website, it installs perfectly and works for a few hours or until I restart my computer. Then the graphics driver reverts to "AMD Radeon Graphics" driver instead of "AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Gfx" (I think that's correct), i.e. the one I just installed. Link

I have tried uninstalling/deleting everything to do with AMD and I've tried using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and the AMD Cleaner too, both in safe both, and it still reverts. I also have automatic driver updates from Windows Update off. I've also tried using the group policy too, and it still reverts.

Is there a way to stop my graphics driver from reverting?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Have you checked the 'Delivery Optimisation' settings, if your using Insider builds that could be another cause.

Try asking for suggestions on https://www.elevenforum.com/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
jdgesmlls
Adept II

Check your system for any Dell software (Dell Command) that may be updating/replacing the driver. If it is set to 'automatic' updates, it might be trying to install the latest WHQL driver that is Dell/Microsoft certified etc.  

0 Likes