Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

edusilva17
Journeyman III

AMD Freesync not supported

Jump to solution

Hello.

I got a new monitor that supports AMD Freesync (PHILIPS 242E1GAJ). I have an Sapphire RX 570 8gb lite (Placa Gráfica Sapphire Radeon RX 570 PULSE 8GB G5 Lite | PCDIGA) and I'm running the latest driver. The monitor is connected through DPORT

When I go to the Settings >> Display >> Philips Display that supports AMD Freesync, it says that freesync is not supported.

Here's an image with the monitor and options https://prnt.sc/wafktb

Any solution for my issue? Is this a driver bug or something?

Best Regards,

Eduardo.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScotchFury
Challenger

Re: AMD Freesync not supported

Jump to solution

Is it definitely the same driver / version Windows has installed? Just that the Phillips one seems quite recent being JUL 2020. 

Only other idea is to try it on HDMI instead of DS port or vise versa.

I'd make a point of installing the Phillips driver just to be sure. 

Just very quickly flicked through the manual.. You have MPRT turned off? As it can't be on at the same time.

The monitor may  not be compatible with it..? Although I did flip through the manual in record time so could of missed something.

But this was the closest thing and that's for adaptive sync.

Screenshot_20201227-083552_Word.jpg

Could be worth speaking with Phillips customer support and see if they have any ideas or know what's going on. Not 100% sure what seperate sync is..?

Screenshot_20201227-084723_Word.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Another User recently had a similar issue in which he had no Freesync on a FreeSync monitor.

I noticed that you have two monitors connected to your GPU card.

Disconnect the second monitor and just connect the FreeSynce enabled Monitor to the GPU card and see if you can now enable it.

The other User when he connected his TV set to the GPU card it automatically disable FreeSync on his Computer monitor. But once he disconnected the TV set the User was able to enable FreeSync on his monitor.

If you don't have two monitor connected and just one make sure FreeSync is enabled on both the Monitor and Radeon Settings.

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

Jump to solution

Have also heard from a few people that using adaptors or converters cause issue with FreeSync.

Have you checked for any drivers etc. Might be available for that monitor..?

You may have already gone through most of this list, but gives a few different things to check to get FreeSync enabled. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-013#faq-Monitor-Configuration 

0 Likes
edusilva17
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply,

Even disconnecting my second monitor, it still show as Not Supported. Anyways, I did select a game and I went to the graphics tab and I am able to select the AMD FreeSync as: AMD Optimized, ON and OFF.

Here's a screenshot of the monitor configuration when the 2nd monitor is disconnected Screenshot by Lightshot (prnt.sc)

Best Regards,

Eduardo.

0 Likes
edusilva17
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply,

I did check for some drivers for my monitor and I found these https://prnt.sc/waiea0. I have downloaded the drivers (a .zip file) and when extracted it just gave me some files. I've followed the Readme.txt to install the monitor driver and windows said that there was a better or same driver installed on my system.

I did check for updates of drivers both at Windows Update & AMD Drivers and got nothing to update.

Another solution?

Best Regards,

Eduardo.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

Jump to solution

hey,

you could use CRU to force enable FreeSync in Panel driver - if it than doesnt show up than either your Monitor is broken or you have some sort of Software preventing FreeSync or your GPU is defective

PC: R7 2700X @4.1GHz + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

Jump to solution

Is it definitely the same driver / version Windows has installed? Just that the Phillips one seems quite recent being JUL 2020. 

Only other idea is to try it on HDMI instead of DS port or vise versa.

I'd make a point of installing the Phillips driver just to be sure. 

Just very quickly flicked through the manual.. You have MPRT turned off? As it can't be on at the same time.

The monitor may  not be compatible with it..? Although I did flip through the manual in record time so could of missed something.

But this was the closest thing and that's for adaptive sync.

Screenshot_20201227-083552_Word.jpg

Could be worth speaking with Phillips customer support and see if they have any ideas or know what's going on. Not 100% sure what seperate sync is..?

Screenshot_20201227-084723_Word.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

Jump to solution

144Hz need HDMI 2.0 (both Monitor and GPU has to support it) OR you use Displayport (1.2 i think is needed)

you also need a HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.2 CABLE ;)

your Monitor should support FreeSync Premium

PLEASE download CRU and show me the "edit" tab on top...

PC: R7 2700X @4.1GHz + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
edusilva17
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I had MPRT enabled. When I disabled it, it got back enabled. https://prnt.sc/wakdej

Thanks for the solution.

0 Likes
edusilva17
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hey,

As you asked, here is a print of my CRU. https://prnt.sc/wakepx

Best Regards,

Eduardo.

0 Likes