Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dave3333
Journeyman III

Amd Firepro W8000 + S9100?

Running windows 10 enterprise x64 + vmware with windows server 2019 

However this will all change to windows server 2016 ONLY as vmware only allows 2gb of gpu ram to transfer over the windows server 2019.

1. Should I use a waterblock on the s9100? (I can't find a full waterblock may need to design one to be cnc-ed out)
2. How will the s9100 and w8000 work together

This is a system to build for remote workers to remote into server and use various 3d cad packages and simulation software cfd, fea etc... 

System Specification 
Custom Waterloop. All EK Nickel Waterblocks

x2 Alphacool Radiators 48mm each (each water block has 4 fans)

CPU: AMD Threadripper 2990wx (32 cores) (Watercooled)

GPU: AMD Firepro W8000 GB (Watercooled) + S9100 if its the best thing.
Mobo: Asus X399-A Prime

RAM: Corsair Dominator 32GB x2 16gb 3000mhz (will  be upgraded to 96GB)(may need a water block too)

PSU: Cosair 1200w 

CHASSIS: Cosair 900D

Thanks

-D

0 Likes
1 Reply
zapbuzz
Journeyman III

Appologies for posting on an old thread but not many people talk about this beautiful silicon. Many have asked what to do about cooling.

I got my S9100 without a fan and I improvised with a 7 watt SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTVX 90mm / 80mm x 25mm CPU Round Cooling Fan 7.0W 4Pin I literally made a circle saw hole in the plastic drilled its screw holes and its mounted at the power input end where it now vacuums from the mounting bracket vent through internal and out the plastic cover towards the PSU. used a molex power adapter that it drains too much power for my motherboard. Never gets over 53oC with 100% Duty.

Bare in mind I used black electrical tape to seal all seams that air can enter the vacuum as to ensure airflow from end to end.

Such modifications are not supported but out of warranty I'm proud of myself except for the noise. Given the heatsink is like a noise baffle its tollerable with computers cover on.

Actually water cooling would do it very well but theres no ready made kit around because server is not gamer!

0 Likes