Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ramonniese
Journeyman III

AMD FirePro W600 with AOC monitors

Hi,

For a customer of ours we placed 6 pc’s with a AMD FirePro w600 videocard. Each workstation has 6 monitors connected.

5 pc’s have only Ilyama (6x) monitors (ProLite XUB2792QSU-B1) connected and they are working without an issue.

One pc has 3 Benq (GW2765HE) and 3 AOC (U2879VF) monitors connected. The problem is that the 3 AOC monitors suddenly stop displaying. All 3 at once. I already upgraded the AMD drivers and the monitor drivers. Made sure windows  updates and everything is fine. Eventvwr shows nothing.

We also check cables and swapped them!

We also swapped 2 workstations but the problem stays with the AOC monitors so the pc’s are fine.

Does anyone has an idea?

Thx in advance.

Ramon

0 Likes
6 Replies

fsadough‌ is AMD Forums expert on Professional GPU cards but he is going to need DETAILED computer information plus exactly how all 6 monitors are connected via cables to the GPU (what adapters are you using,etc), Windows version, Programs being used to connect all 6 monitors (Windows or Eyefinity as example), AMD Driver version, etc.

He may ask other pertinent questions about your hardware if above is not enough information for him to assist you.

Here here AMD latest driver for your W600 Professional GPU card:FirePro™ W600 Drivers & Support | AMD .

The driver is 19.Q.2 from 05/08/2019.

Hi,

Thx for helping. Customer called me i could take some info now…

Do you need anything else?

• The OS is Windows 10 with alle available Windows updates installed.

• There is no extra program being used to connect all 6 monitors. Just Windows.

• The AMD Driver version is the latest. 19.Q.2 (i installed this last week).

• I also installed the last AOC Monitor driver on the system.

• On the pc itself there is no extra software installed. It is just being used to RDP into a remote desktop.

• Cables are displayport to mini display port. (see attachements)

Met vriendelijke groet,

Ramon Niese

Makosoft ICT

<http://nl.linkedin.com/in/rniese>

Groeneboord 19

6351 EC Bocholtz

Tel: 045-5443001

Fax: 045-5680529

E-mail: r.niese@makosoft.nl<mailto:r.niese@makosoft.nl>

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Van: elstaci <amd-external@jiveon.com>

Verzonden: donderdag 16 mei 2019 04:26

Aan: Ramon Niese <r.niese@makosoft.nl>

Onderwerp: Re: AMD FirePro W600 with AOC monitors | AMD Developer Forums

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: AMD FirePro W600 with AOC monitors

in Graphics

0 Likes
fsadough

Please provide detailed info on the PC, cables, adapters.

0 Likes

Hi,

I will provide this info asap. The customer is using the pc at this moment and i can’t gather this information today. I spoke to the customer but he really can’t “leave” the pc for 15 minutes….

Thx in advance.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Ramon Niese

Makosoft ICT

Groeneboord 19

6351 EC Bocholtz

Van: fsadough <amd-external@jiveon.com>

Verzonden: donderdag 16 mei 2019 11:24

in Graphics

0 Likes

Hi,

Enclosed a picture what the customer is seeing on the AOC monitor. Apparantly the behaviour differs because i now only see one AOC monitor that has the issue. After the cable is being plugged and connected again the screen is functioning again.

Only the AOC screens are having this issue.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Ramon Niese

Makosoft ICT

Groeneboord 19

6351 EC Bocholtz

Van: fsadough <amd-external@jiveon.com>

Verzonden: donderdag 16 mei 2019 11:24

in Graphics

0 Likes

I am having similar problems.

When I first installed my AMD FirePro W600, I could only get 2 of my 5 monitors to receive signal. After almost throwing my hands up and just before I was about to discount the card as a lemon, I found out that in order to get more than 2 non-native DP monitors to display using W600, the MiniDP to DVI cables must be "active" cables or have an active adapter.  Once I installed active MiniDP to DVI adapters on the 3 cables that weren't carrying signal, just like magic, ALL 5 monitors began to receive signal and were displaying. I even got them aligned well enough via my Windows 10 display settings to effectively extend my desktop across all 5 monitors. I thought my monitor troubles were over, so I decided to change tasks and was trying to repair whatever had happened to my PC's sound, as it had stopped working altogether immediately upon installing the W600 software and drivers. 

While trying to get the sound to work, I had both the AMD FirePro software open along with Windows Device Manager. All I did was disable then re-enable the 5 "sound" devices that were now residing in Device Manager, because it appeared that installing the W600 had created one for each monitor while simultaneously deleting whatever generic 3.5mm motherboard integrated plug-in sound device had existed prior to that.  Not sure if it was at that moment, but right around then, 2 of my 5 monitors stopped receiving signal. I rebooted several times to no avail, even unplugging and plugging back in, switching MiniDP ports, and whatever else I could think of. I began to think that maybe 2 of the 3 "active MiniDP to DVI adapters" were defective, but was proven wrong when I started switching the cables at the back of the monitors, during which time I was able to get both of those monitors to receive signal, just not when all 5 monitors were plugged in at the same time. In fact, I was able to get 4 of the 5 monitors to display but only when certain other monitors were plugged in tandem. Plugging in a 5th monitor, regardless of which one, causes those same 2 monitors to go black every time. 

When I ask any of my pseudo-techie pals for help, they all tell me to bring the AMD card back and get an NVIDIA because they don't have any of these issues. I'd really hate to believe that's the case and is what must be done, so I'm hoping that someone on here hears my cry for help, knows what has gone haywire here, and how to fix it. I just want all 5 of my monitors to receive signal just like they were before the W600 decided that it only likes 3 or 4 to work simultaneously, but not all 5... and I'd also like my sound back, as well. PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes