Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

netgrade
Journeyman III

AMD FirePro S7150 x2 on ESXi and xendesktop

Hi,

I need help regarding installation drivers for AMD FirePro S7150 x2  Graphic card on ESXi 6.7 server, and later on Citrix XenDesktop VDIs. I can see that docs are for vShpere with VMware Horizon, and Xenserver with XenDesktop.

We have VMware vSphere ESXi hipervisors with Xendesktop VDI platform. Is there a guide for that case?

Please help

0 Likes
8 Replies
fsadough

Please pm me your email address

0 Likes
nami
Journeyman III

Finally someone with the same issue!!! Has this been answered? Is there a way to install the Firepro S7150x2 on ESXi 6.7?

The only small difference is that I'm using Horizon instead of Xendesktop.

0 Likes
netgrade
Journeyman III

There is still no the manual for Vmware ESXi Hypervisors, with XenDesktop VDI on top :/

0 Likes

It was sent to you by email on Jan 9th

0 Likes

Can you forward the guide for install on ESXi 6.7 and if there is newer VIB for 6.7

0 Likes
nami
Journeyman III

Eventually I got it working. It basically installs the same way that it would in ESXi 6.5

(I even recorded all of my SSH commands in notepad for future installs)

esxcli software vib install -d "/vmfs/volumes/SSD Datastore/AmdGpuBundle.zip"

esxcli software vib install -v "/vmfs/volumes/SSD Datastore/AmdGpuOem105.vib" --no-sig-check

esxcli software vib install -v "/vmfs/volumes/SSD Datastore/AmdGpuCim100.vib" --no-sig-check

(I don't remember if the zip bundle worked for me or not but the last two commands definitely did) (and obviously you’d replace the name of the datastore with the name of your own datastore)

The thing that I was doing wrong was not including the full path to the location of the vib and zip bundle files. It doesn’t work if you CD to the location of the files and just run them.

I don’t know if that helps anyone else, but that was what I did and now I’m running. I would include a screenshot if I could.

0 Likes

Where you able to get the vCenter portion working?

It will load the Radeon Pro Settings screen but an error window "Error resolving Data Center for Host" comes up and nothing else.

0 Likes
drewbie
Journeyman III

I was wondering if anyone has got the VCSA plugin working in 6.7? The registration tool works, but VCSA just says the plugin is "In progress".

0 Likes