Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

braianorl
Journeyman III

AMD FirePro DP to USB-C Monitor problem

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new 4K monitor from LG with USB-C conector,

But my AMD FirePro 5100 (I have windows 10) have 4 DisplayPort which I am trying to connect my 4K monitor using a DP to USB-C cable that I just bought as well but the problem is that nothing happens, my windows doesn't identify my monitor, I have no error report or something similar... It seems that there is no communication between the devices.

Someone have a light please?

Thx

0 Likes
1 Reply

can't vouch if this cable will work or not but it is recommended by website DisplayPort.Org (https://www.displayport.org/displayport-over-usb-c/ ) : USB-C to DisplayPort Cable - Shop USB-C Cables | Moshi 

Supports Thunderbolt 3

Connect your DisplayPort computer to a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 monitor.
This industry-leading cable uses high-speed technology and a coaxial design to support 5K video output* (5120 x 2880) with a 60 Hz refresh rate. Easily connect your new Thunderbolt 3-enabled Mac or PC to a DisplayPort monitor to enjoy crystal clear, blur-free video as well as multi-channel digital surround sound. Both ends of the cable are also encased in anodized aluminum to minimize electromagnetic interference and ensure long-term reliability. The cable also features bi-directional support to connect your DisplayPort computer to a UHD monitor with USB-C input.

*This cable has been tested and certified by VESA to support HBR3 (High Bit Rate 3) at 32.4 Gbps using the USB-C Alternate mode. For 5K resolution, your device must output a DisplayPort 1.3 signal via USB-C, and your monitor must also support DisplayPort 1.3. Please check with your device vendor to confirm support for DisplayPort 1.3.
0 Likes