cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

screenproblemseveryday
Journeyman III

AMD drivers cause flickering, HELP!

So i recently updated from Windows 7 to 10 and i had once screen flicker issue (used ddu and installed again that fixed it ) so after getting Windows 10 i installed drivers and worked fine. After 2 days i had to go back to Windows 7 with clean install and now i downloaded drivers again (i have Radeon 7770 Ghz Edition) And i cant fix the screen flickering issue its like "Jumping" and flickering and sometimes my screen just goes full of colors
I have now downloaded almost 6 different versions of drivers
Deleted all amd reg keys and folders with old drivers
Used ddu (With safe mode and without everytime i installed new version of drivers)
Used "AmdCleanUPUtility"
Turned Freesync off and on
I know i dont have faulty gpu i tested with othr system and it works with windows 10 on this same system
(No screen flicker when no drivers)
Edit: Idk if someone need to know but i have Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit And ihave 144hz monitor with HDMI 2 on 120Hz + i have tried Driver versions of:

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 Optional
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Recommended (WHQL)
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1 Optional
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.1 Optional
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3 Recommended (WHQL)
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4 Optional

I have been trying to fix this for very long and now i tried evey driver i could find.
Nothing works, i tried maybe 20 drivers
Updated all drivers i had on the whole system
Tried all the settings on radeon software
Using drivers without software
Using different hz on monitor
Different monitor settings
I watched about 50 youtube videons (not overreacting i did watch almost 50 i think, of course they didnt work)
I searched alot of posts realeated to this problem and tried their fixes and nothing helped.
I downclocked gpu (didnt help)
i overclocked gpu (didnt help)
Voltage to - and + (didnt do anything)

I have now downloaded every driver possible from amd websites and it just gets worse. 

And i cleaned up CPu + Gpu and applied thermal paste again

i tried sfc /scannow cmd command but it didnt help.

0 Replies