Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Maxjek95
Journeyman III

AMD Driver timeout

Hi all,

Since a few days I'm constantly getting the below error message. My screen turns black and I have to wait more than a minute until the screen turns back on. I have the latest driver / AMD software installed, so that's not the issue.

1.-AMD-Driver-Timeout.png

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600
CPU: i5 12400
RAM: 16 GB

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Royhalister
Journeyman III

This problem can occur when your computer successfully boots to the desktop-an error message appears on the screen.
If you encounter this problem, you can try our recommended solutions below in random order and see if it will help to fix the AMD driver timeout error on your Windows 11/10 computer.
Try restarting the graphics driver Update the graphics driver Change the power plan and adjust visual effects, increase virtual memory, change the display refresh rate, disable fast rtup settings Disable AMD driver issue report Clear AMD card shader cache Disable FreeSync and virtual super-resolution in AMD settings Change AMD card frequency and voltage settings Increase AMD card power limitation FanModify Registry Reset Windows 11/10 Update BIOS Replace the graphics adapter.
This may help you.

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

This link contains suggestions, how to fix the issue:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-800 

0 Likes
macchky
Adept II

Disable MPO may help.

Solved: Re: AMD you can do better and more stable drivers. - Page 3 - AMD Community https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-you-can-do-better-and-more-stable-drivers/m-p/5540...

Disabling MPO helps if your color depth is 8 bit if its 10 bit it may be different issue.

Issues related to MPO for example may not be all of it.

Main screen blackscreens but second screen does not as MPO only supported om primary screen.

Random blackscreen when alt tabbing or doing a whatsapp video call for example or playing video, even if your video is playing via picture in picture on 2e screen picture in picture is an overlay bassicly moving it on the 2e screen does not make the video playback go on the 2e screen as it still happens on the original screen.

flickering when resizing windows for example.

stuttering and laggy desktop usually followed by blackscreen.

corruption while alt tabbing.

easy fix is if you can turn on 10 bit color depth enable it, or disable MPO fix by adding missing key to registery and if you wanna enable it again you remove it.

MPO stands for multi-plane overlay currently the latest drivers support maxplanes of 3

What MPO does is render game in fullscreen exclusive and then overlays it on screen in fullscreen borderless, games that support flip model optimisations have reduced latency, windows 11 22h2 has option to enable it for old games.

Strongly recommend MPO fix if you are on 8 bit color depth screen

0 Likes
fabz
Adept II

0 Likes

If you force vsync off try disabling MPO as MPO can break hardware acceleration as well disabling MPO you wont have to disable hardware acceleration anymore, assuming it fix it, MPO is already turned off if your display color depth is at 10 bit if its at 8 bit color depth disabling MPO is a very viable fix and problably root cause to all your issues.

0 Likes
alicano10
Adept I

can you install driver without adrenalin?

0 Likes

Yes you can, have you not read https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rsx2-install

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

What power supply make/model are you running?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes