cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rakabee
Adept I

AMD driver keep crashing when playing unity-based game

so I got Acer laptop with AMD Driver in it. AMD R7.

When it played some games, it keeps flashing (either on middle of 20 minutes or after the games open like 1 minutes), fades to a black screen, or on a white screen. The music still sounds good and the button still confirms but the screen goes missing.
I found out that other games like hades runs well and never encounter this problem. and turn out most of the games which i played based on unity.

can someone help me, please
Ps. the game Im mostly played was 400Mb to 1Gb size 

0 Likes
3 Replies
fr3nki
Adept II

Hi,

I have similar problem when i start usually unity based game or any other 3D game that requires gpu, there is small chance for driver to crash ,similar to error when u get old windows message that driver crashed and recovered ,but without that message , So when that happens it looks like broken screen mosaic for unity or none unity goes blank with one color that was dominant on screen ,all i can do is to prevent this close app super fast with ALT+F4 but even then some apps have its windows text broken,  if i don't make it then i have to restart , after restart , all is back to normal , can play games normally but only problem is that still has chance to crash and i don't know why it does that

Win 10 64bit Phenom II x6 1090T , 6gb ram , Rx 470 Red devil

0 Likes

I have the same Problem playing Valheim right now. The entire last Weekend i was able to play without any Trouble, but now i can't even pass the first Loading Screen without a full PC Crash. Monitor goes black, Sounds in the background are still up. Im even able to speak to my Friends over Discord, but only a Hard-Reset of the entire System helps out. Today i tried another Unity based Game and had the exact same Issue. I tried different Benchmarks and Tests in the last Days but everything seems to be absolutely fine.

0 Likes
rakabee
Adept I

I got some "update"

first, i was thinking maybe just a unity game that makes the laptop crash.. but now it seems like everything crash
I played some unreal engine game called ender lilies ~ drop hard, crash at the first load of the game
I played some emulator games, ppsspp ~ God of War and 3rd Birthday, crash too ~ playable but like 5 minute problems occures

so it seems ~ everything was wrong

Ps. I Tried Re-Install the driver (not helping), downgrade the driver still not helping.

0 Likes