AMD Display Driver Causing my PC to stutter and Cursor Lag

GPU: RX 5500XT

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600

Motherboard: GIGABYTE A320

BIOS Version: F50

RAM: 16GB 3000 MHZ

PSU: 500W 80+ GOLD

Background Applications: DISCORD, CHROME, Wallpaper Engine

Description of Original Problem: Unstable Frame time, Cursor Lag, Stuttering everywhere and every single time.

Troubleshooting: I've been trying to find the solution for the last 3 days, still to no avail. Tried clearing my CMOS, reassembling my pc, DDU, New OS. I did found a temporary solution though, by simply disabling My GPU driver through the device manager all the stutter goes away.

0 Likes
6 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Do you have any other monitoring software running, like MSI Afterburner, Asus GPU Tweak etc.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

I have one, what do you wish me to do with it?

0 Likes

Hi

often advice is to uninstall those and only use AMD adrenalin software.

Stutter can be lots of things - could be GPU and could be CPU.

For my part - what have solved my stuttering in almost all games was to disable HPET (High Precision Event Timer). Some recommend not to do this - but try to google it - HPET bug and HPET stutter. This is something invented by Intel and Microsoft. Read somewhere that AMD say it has been solved now - but still a lot say no. Also search on youtube and see this. Also did some of the bcdedit commands as also recommended and what solved it - no clue.

Some also say problems with CPU and GPU not in sync - so vsync, freesync, gsync etc could do the trick.

amd anti lag or amd chil could also be worth trying.

Disable ULPS + set overclock to custom and raise min. clock 100-200 mhz below max clock.

There is a reason for everything !

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

I had Asus GPU Tweak and caused a lot of stuttering, video, games, mouse..

When I removed it the stuttering went instantly..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
so1
Journeyman III

Hi

I think I have same issue, screen freesing with Adobe Premier (with the games everythin is OK). my Adrenalin software is broken, when i want to launch it it says: ''the version of AMD software..... https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300...''

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300  - on thins link they say to turn off Windows GPU driver updates. I did it but the problem is the same.

so i have to install AMD Adrenaline every 2 days... Can't find any solution

0 Likes

Follow the link below, I stopped updates with WAY 2..

How to Enable/Disable Automatic Driver Updates in Windows 11 (minitool.com)

0 Likes