cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

StarGeneral
Adept II

AMD CSGO Loading Bug on current graphics hardware / drivers?

Hello Community,

a few months ago, i sold my GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and bought a 6900XT. One of my most played games is Counter Strike : Global Offensive. Since changing to the red team, i am experiencing a strange problem.

Problem description:

When loading any map in competitive matchmaking or on private hosted servers, the game gets stuck on the loading screen while "recieving server information". Normally, the process of loading a game in CSGO takes less than 20 seconds on a modern system and in some cases, the game indeed loads that fast.

But in most cases (approx. 80% of all tries), the game will get stuck for a long time at this stage. The game will freeze for about 10 seconds to several minutes (!). During this time, it is shown as "not responding" in the Task Manager. After that, the game will load and run absolutely normal.

I never had this error before changing to AMD and i tried various things to get rid of the problem:

- Reinstalled Windows
- checked game files for integrity via Steam
- reinstalled the game
- ran the game in Administrator mode
- tried all fixes i could find on the internet, including several startup parameters, config-changes, ...
- updated all drivers (including VGA) to the newest version available
- updated motherboard UEFI
- reported this problem various times by using the Driver-Bug-Reporting-Tool

Unfortunately, nothing helps.

System configuration:
- AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
- Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro with newest UEFI-Revision 33h
- 64GB DDR4-3600 CL16
- Radeon 6900XT Reference with newest Adrenalin driver 
- Seasonic Focus PX-850 Platinum PSU
- Samsung 1TB 980 Pro SSD
- Windows 10 x64 20H2
- ASUS PG278QR WQHD-Display @144hz

First, i did think that this is some kind of strange system-related problem which cannot be solved, but then my girlfriend changed from a GTX 1060 to a Radeon 6700XT and is experiencing the exact same problem now. Her system is completely different to mine, but the problem is exactly the same.

Her system specs:
- Intel Core i5 11600K
- 16GB DDR4-3200 CL18
- Asrock B560 Pro4 Motherboard with newest UEFI
- Radeon 6700XT Reference with newest Adrenalin driver 
- EVGA 650W Gold PSU
- Samsung 980 Pro 512 GB SSD
- Windows 10 x64 20H2
- iiyama FullHD 60Hz Display

I would really appreciate any help, because this problem is really annoying and leads to missing the start of a game or even getting kicked / time-banned in competitive because i cannot join before the game starts. 

Thank you very much in advance for your time and your help.

239 Replies

@Matt_AMD  - I have some slightly updated information. I pulled down the newest drivers (22.11.2), enable Resizable BAR, and enabled/disable texture streaming - all to no effect. I then created a Gaming profile for CS:GO, then set the minimum GPU to 50%. I'm running AMD 5950X/32GB/5700XT, so not a lot of natural load even while playing.
I can confirm that while actively playing, the GPU registers no less than ~1750Mhz as set.

**HOWEVER**, watching the GPU load when switching maps, I can see it drops back to <10Mhz while the loading screen sits at "Retrieving Server Info". The GPU ramps back up to 1750Mhz as soon as the loading screen completes.

So potentially pointing to an issue with the driver not seeing the game as "running", leading to essentially idling the GPU, leading to long load times.

Hey @Matt_AMD  it sounds like you're seeing a different issue. As everyone here will attest, this happens on every map after the first (first loads fine). As mentioned numerous times, the only workaround is:

Set launch option: -disable_d3d9ex

Set Texture to Low.

For science, I tried doing only one of the above, can confirm, no fix.

As per your instructions above, registered and filed a bug. Happy to provide any logs or screen cap you like.

I'd like to vouch for this comment - i just recently upgraded from a rx470 to a 6700xt and now started encountering slow load times for cs:go which has never happened before - like the comment above the first map loads fine, but every subsequent map is very slow loading up.  the only thing that changed is the video card and the driver.  i'm going to try the -disable_d3d9ex fix and report back

To reproduce the error, enter a map of your choice. It loads fast and no problems. Exit the map (don't exit csgo, just the map), and enter another map (not the same as before), then it takes a long time to load the map.

I have the same Issue. I'm running fully updated Windows 10, Asus B450m-a with lastest bios, 5600X, RX6600XT Rog Strix, disk is Samsung 970EVO, PSU 650W Asus Rog Strix. I've created an Ubuntu install, but it has the same issues.

Windows 10 has also been reinstalled, but this didn't solve the issue.

RX570 is my old backup card, and it has no loading issues in CSGO.

What is your test rig specs? SAM on/off? Please list your CSGO settings and your driver settings.

Happening to me, I just bought a 6650xt to upgrade from a 1060 6gb, but this seems far from an upgrade now. Everything was functional for a couple of days and all of a sudden I have this issue.

Full DDU uninstall of old drivers, and fresh install of everything from AMD.

CPU Ryzen 5 5600

B550m Pro4

2x8gb

I've tried all the launch options, graphical changes, console commands and cannot get this to work. It happens on every map and I only play on casual (no community maps). First map loads fast, 2nd map either takes 2 full minutes or crashes.

It was presented in another thread somewhere that this might be an issue with overlays in game, after I disabled the AMD overlay in adrenalin the loading worked for like 2 whole matches and then went back to this non-sense.

How is it that I can pull up 100+ threads about this dating back to 2014 but AMD cant find a fix. 1mil+ active players in this game btw.

0 Likes
SpitFireXB360
Journeyman III

Tried the newest driver 22.11.1 today and the problem still persists...

My System is all AMD... MSI B550... Ryzen 3700x and a RX6600xt...

It must be clearly a problem with the windows driver... Tried CS:GO with arch linux and the maps are loading blazing fast, with everything maxed out.

The only workaround on windows is -disable_d3d9ex and low textures...

This bug persists since months and isn't listed anywhere under "Known Issues"

Hopefully Valve will update the windows version to vulkan or opengl in near future, since AMD doesn't care...

It's a shame...

I just built a new system with a RX 6600 to play mostly CS:GO and was super disappointed to discover this issue and how long it's been going on for. I was looking forward to trying out AMD after my previous Nvidia card...looks like I am being reminded why I moved away from AMD cards last time. I tried updating all drivers, BIOS, verifying game files...nothing works, game locks up on second load and windows reports it as unresponsive.

0 Likes
Skrubu
Adept I

The same thing is happening to me for since like 1 year. I have 5800x, 6800xt pcie 4 nvme, pcie 3 nvme, sata ssd. I’ve reinstalled windows 10 3 times to different ssd and it’s doing the same thing every time.

That launch command ”-disable_d3d9ex” does help maybe a little, but makes my game crash very often and especially when map called ”Ancient” is played, I crash every time in the loadscreen so it makes the command unusable for me. And even when not crashing, I’m still always ALOT slower to load to server than my friends with almost identical setups other than they have nvidia gpu’s. Also on community retake servers I’m always the last to join server of 9 people. I’ll to the report thing tomorrow if it helps any.

Thank god there’s finally atleast some activity in this by AMD’s side.

FerbF
Journeyman III

Stumbled on this forum while looking for a fix on a separate issue i got not sure if related or not.
but had similar symptom..
The fix for me was to uninstall Ryzen Master (if you have it)

0 Likes

Ryzen Master is not installed on my side.

I even tried a complete fresh install of windows 10 and only installed the chipset and gpu driver... I thought maybe it's windows 11 bug or some program I've installed...

On some websites I read about disabling SAM should increase performance on CS:GO, so I also turned it off. Just to see if anything changes.

No luck whatever I tried.

Oka_Nieba
Adept I

I dont know what happened, but after last driver update that issue with 1+ min loading time is gone. Loading of a map takes about 15 seconds with default CSGO launch options and high graphics settings

Sadly there was no such Christmas miracle with my pc..... Still having the same issues. Tried installing only the driver itself, but no luck.

0 Likes

Oh. Forgot to mention. My windows 10 have had a plenty of updates recently too. Maybe this updates fixed this problem? Btw game still works fine, play around 20 comp games

0 Likes

what driver version are you running?

0 Likes

I have the last windows 10 update and AMD adrenaline software 22.11.2 and it still takes +1min to load a map even full 2 min.

No my 6600 XT still have the same csgo loading issues. I gave up and got me an nVidia 3070ti (secondhand)

I gave the 6600 XT to a friend, who has an Asus Prime A320M-E with latest bios and Ryzen 5600X, and this combo has the same loading issues in CSGO.

0 Likes
fnkrez
Adept I

I've been having the same problem since i bought my RX6600 XT, not only this happens but also the upscaling is very bad if you play lower resolutions like 1024x768 or 1280x960.. I wish they could fix these problems.. Also optimize dx9 for theses games would be very nice!

Setup:

Ryzen 3600

RX 6600 XT

B450M Aorus Gigabyte

SSD HP 240Gb

PSU Corsair 550 W

For those who are still experiencing this error, the settings below did the trick for me:

in cs: model/texture detail - low
in launch options: "-disable_d3d9ex"

Perhaps a starting point for developers to fix the issue as well.

Try this:

in cs: model/texture detail - low
in launch options: "-disable_d3d9ex"

Because it seems that they are not interested in solving the problem.
I tried everything you tried. The problem is in the amd gpu/drivers. I recently changed my entire system, just keeping the vga, and the problem persists.

that solution worked for me - loads as fast as before my gpu upgrade

0 Likes
abadad16
Adept I

hello guys I have the same problem my system is:

ryzen 5 5600
rx 6600
16bg ram
1tb ssd
650w power supply

Skrubu
Adept I

@Matt_AMD Any news on this?

0 Likes
Nulleeet
Journeyman III

I found out that if you disable Radeon Image Sharpening under AMD Settings -> Gaming -> csgo, you can open csgo normally.

I just got this AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT today and tried to play csgo and had problem with opening csgo, which did open, but didnt show image of csgo at all.

0 Likes

u mean u still use the splash screen lol?  just disable that bro

0 Likes
Mikko91
Adept III

no problems with loading screen here game runs normaly i use High/low game settings + 1080p + set launch

-fullscreen -novid -nojoy +fps_max 0 +cl_showfps 1 -freq 144 +r_dynamic 0 -disable_d3d9ex -no-browser +mat_queue_mode 2 +cl_forcepreload 1

3800x 4,55Ghz

B550 Strix E (2806 bios)

16Gb ddr4 Trident Z Neo 3600mhz (16-19-19-39)

RX 6600 XT Strix

Samsung 1TB 980

Corsair RMX 850W

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm RGB

Phanteks P500A D-RGB White

Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Driver 22.11.2

Chipset 4.11.15.342

Power plan Ryzen High Performance

SAM Enabled

0 Likes

Radeon anti Lag enabled also on CS:GO almost forget

0 Likes

do you have the game textures on low?

Yeah textures/models low

If you set textures to High, are map loads still snappy (after the first map)?

0 Likes
Zeltor
Adept II

Do you have Rivatuner running? I bought a 7900 XT few days ago replacing my 2070 and noticed some games crash specifically on loading because of monitoring software like Rivatuner, at least in my case.

0 Likes

Hello, i bought a rx6800xt and also had problems with FPS and loads, i read all the messages and looked for a workaround for the problem, i was playing cs go at 300 FPS in Mirage with green team... and with my rx6800xt i only play at 100 FPS with drops to 80 and in a workshop map I get 250-300 FPS which is simply a shame for a graphics like this but ok... I managed to work it out with this procedure that I created here below.

1- CsgoHighPriority.reg
2- Disable DVR 1.reg
3- Disable DVR 2.reg
4- fullscreenfix.reg
5- Game Optimization.reg
6-7 Select Low-Med or Med-Hight Optimization (select only one... choose what you prefer...)
2-7 If You want to get default setting go to the folder (Defalt Reg Files...) and open all the files to revert settings..)

8- GO to cs go options and set models/textures to LOW! first!
9- Go to Steam - cs go propriaties - run options and copy paste this below
-novid -nojoy +fps_max 0 -freq 240 -refresh 240 +r_dynamic 0 -disable_d3d9ex -no-browser +mat_queue_mode 2 +cl_forcepreload 1

(THE -freq (number is the number of hz your screen have same as the number of the refresh... EXample -freq 144 -refresh 144.....)

LINK FOR THE PACK ABOVE: https://mega.nz/file/K0p0VRJJ#lsz6xbR9xxJMCxhhmokBQLF6vo3aI1bLgtp2lbZD1SQ

I use my ADRENALINE app allways Updated and my game settings on DEFAULT

I had 100 FPS on the Mirage with a drop and after doing the procedure I got 250-300 FPS. On the workshop maps I had 250-300 FPS with a drop to 100... I got 500-600 FPS after the procedure.

I wrote this for the second time since they took the trouble to delete my old post, instead of looking for a solution to the problem but ok lol... For me this method is not the best but it can work out until AMD remembers to solve the problem. Thanks...

FXSLoL
Adept I

Hello, I bought an rx6800xt and I also had this problem besides having a drop in fps at the beginning when turning on the cs I witnessed 700 fps but I only needed to restart the pc and I got 100 fps without knowing what the resolution of this problem was.... So I read everything that they wrote here and I managed to get by with the fps and with the screen loads by doing this procedure mentioned below!

1- CsgoHighPriority.reg
2- Disable DVR 1.reg
3- Disable DVR 2.reg
4- fullscreenfix.reg
5- Game Optimization.reg
6-7 Select Low-Med or Med-Hight Optimization (select only one... choose what you prefer...)
2-7 If You want to get default setting go to the folder (Defalt Reg Files...) and open all the files to revert settings..)

8- Enter to CS GO and set model/texture to LOW
-novid -nojoy +fps_max 0 -freq 240 -refresh 240 +r_dynamic 0 -disable_d3d9ex -no-browser +mat_queue_mode 2 +cl_forcepreload 1

(THE -freq (number is the number of hz your screen have same as the number of the refresh... EXample -freq 144 -refresh 144.....)

LINK FOR THE PACK!:  https://mega.nz/file/PhplTYYA#lsz6xbR9xxJMCxhhmokBQLF6vo3aI1bLgtp2lbZD1SQ

After doing this up here I managed to go from 100 FPS in Mirage to 250-300 FPS.... And in the Map workshop I was with 250-300 fps I stayed with 500-700fps so for me until now I managed to manage until AMD remember to do this update lol _-_

I use my Adrenaline app updated allways, and I set the configs to Default when Im about to play cs go.

FXSLoL
Adept I

Hello, i bought a rx6800xt and also had problems with FPS and loads, i read all the messages and looked for a workaround for the problem, i was playing cs go at 300 FPS in Mirage with green team... and with my rx6800xt i only play at 100 FPS with drops to 80 and in a workshop map I get 250-300 FPS which is simply a shame for a graphics like this but ok... I managed to work it out with this procedure that I created here below.

1- CsgoHighPriority.reg
2- Disable DVR 1.reg
3- Disable DVR 2.reg
4- fullscreenfix.reg
5- Game Optimization.reg

8- GO to cs go options and set models/textures to LOW! first!

LINK FOR THE PACK ABOVE: https://mega.nz/file/K0p0VRJJ#lsz6xbR9xxJMCxhhmokBQLF6vo3aI1bLgtp2lbZD1SQ

I use my ADRENALINE app allways Updated and my game settings on DEFAULT

I had 100 FPS on the Mirage with a drop and after doing the procedure I got 250-300 FPS. On the workshop maps I had 250-300 FPS with a drop to 100... I got 500-600 FPS after the procedure.

I wrote this for the second time since they took the trouble to delete my old post, instead of looking for a solution to the problem but ok lol... For me this method is not the best but it can work out until AMD remembers to solve the problem. Thanks...

FXSLoL
Adept I

Since I cant write here I will post one soluction there I have found to soluct a little this problem I hope it work for you to.. I will post it on reddit....

0 Likes

reddit link please

0 Likes

This one worked! Thanks!

slackydev
Adept I

The issue can triggered in more ways than those mentioned by other users, one way I found was that after going into a server, then leaving it, which has now triggered the bug: If I now choose to change my resolution, the time it takes for it to change can be measured in minutes. Easily 1-2 minutes of black screen. 

Maybe this makes it easier to reproduce. I hope to see an end to this problem soon.

I have contacted the AMD support team previously, in which I got sent on a wild goose chase of doing the basics, like DDU, which was highly frustrating, I even linked to this thread, implying it to be known issue. That part was ignored. Ugh.. frustrated.

The workaround posted by other users here is a no-go. Low detail model/textures will have side-effects, like seeing though mollies will be near impossible due to how the smoke thickens with this. Really not a good solution.

Having skimmed through numerous threads around the internet on this issue hoping for a solve, one thread mentioned that the issue may be relating to other hardware, strongly pointing towards the motherboard in combo with such a card. So what he did, he moved the card to another computer, installed the drivers, and the issue seized to exist. Which means it makes sense to mention some of my specs:
- MSI B550-A PRO (MS-7C56)
- AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT [Sapphire Technology] (SMU Firmware Version: 0.65.55)
- ReBAR disabled.

AMD, please fix this already - it's been too long, it's getting ridiculous.

Gonna reply to my own post with RAM specs, since it could in theory be some sort of incompatibility, I guess.
Surely something is up with the system configurations causing incompatibility, some sort of driver bug, or the BIOS being an **bleep**, since not all experience this.

2 x G.SKILL F4-3600C16-8GVKC with timings @ 16,19,19,39

0 Likes