Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

stroibot
Adept I

AMD Adrenalin 2020 Game "Freeze" and Beeping

Hi, since I've installed new AMD Adrenalin 2020 drivers, I have 2 issues:

1) The game (any) sometimes "freezes", but it is not actually freezes, you still can hear sound and that it responds to your actions, but you only have one still image. I didn't had this issue prior to update, so, this is a new bug caused by the new drivers. This can be mitigated by continuously alt+tabing and hoping that this will stop at some point... Not acceptable.

2) THAT DAMN BEEPING SOUND! Everytime I enter the game, I get *BEEP*, everytime I press Alt/Shift/Control, I get *BEEP*, IT'S ANNOYING AS HELL. I've disabled ALL hotkeys and still, this is happening. And also AMD overlay that says "Hey, you, yes, you! Press ALT+R TO OPEN AMD OVERLAY", NO, THANKS, I've disabled everything, but THIS STILL HAPPENS! Yes, I didn't have any problems with this before the new driver.

So, when the new update that WILL FIX THIS?

Thanks!

P.S. Windows 10, 1909, AMD 5700 Xt via HDMI

1 Solution
stroibot
Adept I

So, ok, I've read almost everything, but yeah, basically, I just disabled everything and it's ok. Shame, I didn't get to try this things out. Anyway, the original help I found here https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/e9k787/is_there_a_way_to_disable_this_thing_in_the_2020/fajl2o... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies
svebue
Journeyman III

The Beep shows that Anti Lag or Chill is activate.

I Got the Problem with the "Freezes" too and a GPU Workload of 99% after leaving a game the Workload is not reducing.

toetactics
Adept I

Same thing here - installed the latest adrenalin (19.12.2) after a clean removal with DDU

Not only i get those beeps - i also have frame drops, at an instance i lost sound to some games.

It even got to a point where the driver stopped working completely and the monitor went black  - had to reboot.

Anti lag and chill are disabled on the global settings and the beeps still persist. Only thing that is enabled is the Enhanced sync.

CPU - r5 1600

16 gigs ram

5700 xt

win 10

0 Likes

Yep, I have the same problem too. But if I switch between windows, then my image starts to move. (Sorry, I speak English poorly, I tried to explain as clearly as possible).

Ryzen 5 2400G
RX 570
8gb RAM
WIN10

0 Likes
fiesbert
Journeyman III

Hey toetactics,

I have the same Problem. A sequence of quick Beeps followed by a black screen or screen freeze. In some games it only happens if the game is set to Fullscreen. For example, the menu of Battlefront II freezes with beeping while in Fullscreen mode. I can still hear Sound and the menu items reacting to mouse movement. If I press ALT + ENTER (to enter windowed mode) the game works again fine. Other games with the beeping Problem work in borderless too.

All games work in Fullscreen borderless for me too.

Just got this new RX 5700, new RAM and a new M2 HDD. These Problems are Happening on a brand new Windows 10 install. 

Could you try out if that is the case for you too?

0 Likes
uni_sparten
Adept I

Yep, i have the Same Problem. Programs in Fullscreen freezes, there is these annoying beep buups and the overlay message although overlay is disabled!

0 Likes
dk313
Adept I

TLDR: Try disabling Radeon Enhanced Sync under Gaming, then Graphics.

I'm also having this issue where the screen will freeze but sound will still be going like nothing's wrong. I can actually alt-tab out and back in and have full control again but only for a few seconds before the screen freezes again. The problem was mainly present in RE:2 Remake, RE:2 Remake R.P.D. Demo and even Devil May Cry 5.

I thought the new driver (Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2) broke the compatibility with the RE Engine or something, but going through the Radeon Settings Global Graphics settings I found the apparent source of the problem to be Radeon Enhanced Sync. Disabling it stopped fixed the Frozen Screen issues for me. 

Don't know if it's affecting other games, or if other options being enabled might cause the issue to reappear. I'll update if the problem returns. Using a GIGABYTE RX 570 GAMING 8GB.

Your advice helped, all games now work without freeze.

0 Likes

@dk313 Do you have antilag and other Radeon settings enabled? Turning all of them off helped me. I want to know if it is just enhanced sync or the other radeon settings (anit-lag, image-sharpening) too.

0 Likes

I have all of them turned off, last one to be turned off was enhanced sync. You could turn on each one of them separately to see which are triggering that hardware detection that causes the game to stutter and crash to a black screen.

I'm not going to bother because it angers me to think i actually need to do the QA for a driver the released with a WHQL stamp with so much hype only to be a massive flop.

In all seriousness the 5700 is out for like 5 months now and still its unplayable in some instances of using untouched AMD whql drivers.

toetactics
Adept I

Can confirm that turning off the enhanced sync filter solved the "beeping" and instability of some games.

It appears that those filters detection and compatibility with some games is flawed and just brakes everything. Had to reboot the computer after the game stopped working.

In any case these filters shouldn't be beeping nor conflict with any game, hopefully its on the next driver fix list.

pls report this to AMD. the more complain, the faster they fix it.

frans21d
Journeyman III

i dont have the freeze issue but the beeping one i had it , FIX : i stop the beeping noise when pressing shift alt with this > Go to settings on amd radeon software > Hotkeys dont remove Toggle Radeon Anti-lag just put it on default or new keybind (uty) .

0 Likes
arano
Journeyman III

Same issue with the new drivers playing Witcher 3. I hope they put an option to remove the overlay, I hate overlays, especially if I remember how I get killed with some champions playing lol.

0 Likes
filux4
Journeyman III

Same issue, picture freeze under unknown circumstances in probably every game (Did it in Prey and Rainbow 6 Siege amongst others). Still have sound and functionality.

Also got a full driver crash 3 times (lost signal to the monitor).

Qualitative feedback but the beeping sound is really anoying, please remove it by default.

Those problems only appeared after the latest update of Radeon software and drivers.

5700 XT

Ryzen 5 3600X

16 GB Ram

Win 10

2 super fast SSD (3TB total)

0 Likes
dustkrust
Journeyman III

I have this issue but only when hdr/fullscreen  would freeze on the first frame in memory yet the game runs still. if i alt+enter the game still running and works, so i disable hdr in game and it runs fine fullscreen.  I found now that if i have metrics overlay turned on I can run the games fullscreen hdr just fine. disable metrics overlay and it freezes like before. tested in nfs heat, anthem, final fantasy xv, just to name a few.  all same results.  latest 2020 adrenaline software.  no oc on card, just aggressive fan curve.
Ryzen 2700X no oc

Crosshair VI Hero mobo

3200mhz / C14 GSkill
XFX Thicc II 5700 XT no oc

0 Likes
uni_sparten
Adept I

It´s a shame AMD still did not answer to this mess of a driver.

0 Likes
arkais
Journeyman III

Having the same irritatingly annoying beeping issue when pressing shift, ctrl, or alt (L or R keys). Bump?

0 Likes
stroibot
Adept I

So, ok, I've read almost everything, but yeah, basically, I just disabled everything and it's ok. Shame, I didn't get to try this things out. Anyway, the original help I found here https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/e9k787/is_there_a_way_to_disable_this_thing_in_the_2020/fajl2o... 

0 Likes

edit: holy ****, if you disable the overlay it removes the hotkeys from that hotkey-menu. Jesus, who designed this UI. So you have to enable the overlay to delete the hotkeys for the disabled overlay, just to disable the overlay again. Oh lord!

uni_sparten
Adept I

0 Likes
docbones
Journeyman III

Whoa this is a pain in the but.   Hope the driver fix comes soon, and they have a global turn off.

0 Likes
spikey
Journeyman III

I also had the beeping from ctrl,alt and shift.

I just updated to the new 2020 software and first thing i did was unbound all hotkeys.

I found on mine that everytime the anti lag was turned on it made the same beep so i gave the enable anti lag a hotkey and now when i press ctrl, alt or shift there is no more beep.