cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

amdsucks1
Journeyman III

AMD 6600 XT Driver Timeout

I bought a 6600 XT for my first PC build 2 weeks ago. When I got it up and running, the first game I installed was the Battlefield 2042 Beta, and I played it for maybe 30 minutes. It was amazing. Then I decided to try other games and this is where my problems began. Apex Legends, Rust, and Valorant(the 3 games I am most interested in playing) would all crash and give me this driver timeout issue. Battlefield was still working fine. I tried just about everything I could find on Google to fix it, to no avail. So I contacted AMD, but since it was the weekend, I didn't hear back until Monday evening. I had already taken the PC to a PC repair place by then.  A week passed and I got my PC back. They told me there was some corruption with the OS(windows 10) and that things should be good. They also said they tested each game out for about 15 minutes, but didn't specify(nor did I think to ask) if they actually played or just loaded into the main menu for most games. I get home on Saturday, plug the PC in and I'm still having the same issue. I try some more things to fix it, like installing the drivers without the AMD Radeon Software, again to no avail. The next day(today), randomly Apex Legends loads past the initial loading screen and I starts playing. Things seem fine and I am having a good time. I decide to try Rust out and gain things are good. I played for maybe 2 hours straight, no issues. The only difference was I unplugged my Razer headset, so I was hoping that that was what was causing my issues. I take a break for an hour, come back and am ready to keep playing Rust, and the problems came back. Hoping it was just an issue with Rust i restart the game, same issue. I try Apex again, the issue is back. I am perplexed. Why am I getting this issue?? Drivers are up to date, I've tried so hard to fix it, I even paid 160 for that PC repair place to fix it(it came with a 30 day warranty so after hearing from AMD I will be taking it back). Last I emailed AMD I sent them some reports and files they needed(Dxdiag and System Info. I believe). But yeah, I am at my wits end, I regret buying this AMD GPU, I've always only used Nvidia.  

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just like me from GTX 970 to RX5700XT with a new PC, welcome to the club. Hasta La Vista Baby

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Hello,

There's bit of contradiction in what you write and I quote, "I bought a 6600 XT for my first PC build 2 weeks ago." then you state the following with, "I've always only used Nvidia."

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes

I've owned laptops in the past with NVidia gpus

0 Likes
Gary_Webb
Adept II

I'm a member of a Facebook group called Mandelbulber (3D fractals) and a lot of ppl in the group experienced a similar problem with driver timeouts. It was solved by turning off a value in the registry, and implemented by running a batch file. Not my software, so I can't share the file, but the program, Mandelbulber, is free and less than 120MB to download. You'll find 3 files in the main folder - TDR_disable.bat, TDR_deprovision.bat, and TDR_enable.bat. TDR_disable.bat might just do the trick, ran as Administrator, if it is indeed a driver timeout issue. Can be found at - https://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/files/

0 Likes

Hello sir i would like to try this tdr fix but i would like also more information before attempting it

I'm having the amd driver time out only while gaming, and 0 crash when stress testing

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just like me from GTX 970 to RX5700XT with a new PC, welcome to the club. Hasta La Vista Baby

0 Likes