cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

saeros
Adept I

AMD 5600G freezes and screen goes black

I bought the pc recently, it worked fine for a couple of days, until the following happened:
I turned on the pc, the windows 10 welcome image appeared, the loading circle froze, and after a few seconds the screen went black. The cursor was not visible, when I pressed the num lock button the led did not turn off. The only solution was to press the off button and manually turn it back on.
I had the drivers 21.10.2 (beta).
The second time I was in the battle net launcher, I pressed start overwatch, and the screen froze, this time it did not turn off, but I could not move the cursor or turn off the num lock led.
The third and last time I was surfing the internet, first the page froze, then the cursor, and finally the black screen went black.
the second and third time I had the 21.8.2 drivers, now install the 21.10.2 (whql).
The event viewer says "The amdwddmg display driver stopped responding and was successfully recovered."

I used ddu and now used amd cleanup and then ddu.

My specs:

RAM: crucial ballistix red bulk 2x8gb 3200 mhz

cpu: amd ryzen 5 5600g

motherboard: msi b550m pro-vdh

ssd: wd black sn 750 500gb

psu: GAME PRO 550W 80 BRONZEphoto5175013701793720800.jpg

9 Replies
Leow91
Journeyman III

I have the Same Problem 

did you find an Solution?

i found Couple of Things used Almost every combination of drivers bios revisions, bios settings which definetely impact the Performance but…

nothing helped!!

im thunking about exchanging the CPU…

Yo guys had the same problem with my pc which i solved.

Ryzen 5 5600g

Asrock b550m Pro4

ddr4 radeon r7 memory 8gb x2.

So i've tried various thing with cpu\memory voltage, all kind of drivers for the gpu. I've found the information that downgrading the bios could solve such problems and in the end i simply made a brick of my motherboard with patching it to the v1.00.

I've bought a new Gigabyte b550m ds3h and had the same problem again.

The only thing that definately helped me was replacing two of ddr4 memory sticks with one Radeon r716 gb. It works perfcet now.

0 Likes

Same problem here.

The system randomly boots to a black screen.

I have to restart to be able to use.

Ryzen 5600G
MSI B550M PRO DASH
2x 8GB Geil Orion 3200 (running 2133)
PSU Corsair CX600M

Some time ago I had a 3400G full of problems that I ended up selling. I decided to give AMD one more chance and this was the result. Another problematic APU.

0 Likes
rashed
Journeyman III

I am facing the same issue.

My specs:

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8X2 GB 3200MHz DDR4

cpu: AMD ryzen 5 5600g

motherboard: msi b450m mortar max

ssd: AITC KINGSMAN KM600 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD

found some solution(disable XMP, update driver, update BIOS) but non of those helped me.
problem started 15 days after I brought the system .

Update of my case!

After upgrading the BIOS to version with "AMD ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.5", i've had no problems for a week.

I hope you got it resolved.

Today I saw that there was a bios update, please, update once again in the near future to see if it is a definitive solution, I also read that for some people this update decreased the performance of the PC, but if it solves all the other problems is acceptable I suppose

did you have any black screen again? or is it completely solved?

0 Likes

I'm still with "AMD ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.5" and I had no more problems at startup. I'm having random crashes using VMware Workstation. When vmware is running, leaving the PC idle, after a while it crashes.

0 Likes

Please try updating your BIOS to the latest version and let me know if that resolves your issue. 

0 Likes