cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

donmati
Journeyman III

After Effects is not using the GPU of my Radeon RX 570 Series. How?

Hello,

I built a computer from scratch for gaming and for working (I'm a graphic designer).

The thing is After Effects is not working properly due to a constant error related to my Radeon RX 570 graphic card I believe. At the moment I had to manually disconnect After Effects from the AMD GPU because any time I tried to use the program the entire thing would freeze and go to black and a pop-up would show reading "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure".

The question is: How can I allow After Effects to actually USE all the capacity the RX 570 has so it works properly and goes as smoothly and fast as it should go?

0 Likes
5 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The error message you receive indicates that your graphics card failed due to a hardware error and the display driver restarted itself for fixing this failure.

The display driver may be the cause of this problem. So you can try a different version display driver.

This problem may also be caused by the graphics processor generating an error while turbo itself. For solving this problem, you can try reducing the graphics processor frequency with WattMan.

If you think this problem is caused by the driver, you can contact the AMD support team with that... https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

According to my PC I have all drivers updated to the latest version.

Can you tell me how I can reduce the graphics processor frequency? I have the latest AMD software update so I can't find anymore the Wattman thing that shows up in almost every video there is on YouTube.

0 Likes

image6.png

Have you tried to change -5% or -10% for the Max Frequency section?
Note: The sample picture is set to +8%.
Edit: WattMan settings may look different for your GPU. I shared the picture as an example.

0 Likes

I have the exact same problem, did you manage to solve it??

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

What are your full system specs, inc PSU..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes