Graphics Cards

sandzabar
Journeyman III

After driver update, computer often crashes

AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.61.01F.0C (type: BIOS)

Radeon Software Version - 16.2.1
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson
System Memory - 16 GB

Around November, every time I started my computer it would blackscreen and freeze. Searching online showed that it was due to graphics driver.

I loaded in safemode, deleted drivers and on restart everything was back to normal.

Issue was graphics on computer were huge so I had to reinstall drivers and that started that cycle again.

I eventually ended that cycle when I installed something from the AMD website, to be honest, I dont know what it was but I now have the software installed shown in the attached image.

Everything seems to be fine with the exception that I can no longer run Overwatch (game), or Postman (software)

Both crash on load and I've tried all the common solutions online and they do not fix my issue

Is there a simple way to revert my graphics driver to a May 2018 build so I can retest the applications to see if the issue lies within the newer drivers?

0 Likes
1 Reply
khun_doug
Elite

If you have a copy of the driver suite that you want to check, do a clean uninstall of this current software and then install the legacy driver. There is a free utility on Internet called DDU that can do a clean uninstall. You should probably be in safe mode when you use DDU.

On the AMD driver download, at the very bottom of the list is an option for Legacy Drivers. You may be able to find the driver you are seeking there. If not, browse Internet and look for older versions of the driver you want. From your attachments it looks like you are after Crimson 16.2.1.

Please post back your results as I am curious how this works out.

0 Likes