cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KikiIdk1320
Journeyman III

After AMD Update, Comp goes into sleep after turning on.

Hello. I have recently updated my AMD Radeon graphics drivers and now when I turn it off, then turn it back on a time later, the computer goes to the start up and all that, then screen goes black, mouse, keyboard turns off, and it seems like it goes to sleep. The only way to get it to turn on fully is to flip the switch on the power supply. Pushing the power button does not turn it off either. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.. I have an Ibuypower that's rather old, with AMD Graphics R7 200 series. I will link any info needed to try to figure this out. I have tried to roll back my driver and it does not give me the option.  TIA

0 Likes
3 Replies
5olives
Journeyman III

I am experiencing the same problem. The computer seems to go into sleep mode and cannot recover. I have to press and hold the power button to restart. My build is using an ASRock x570 Extreme 4 motherboard, Ryzen 7 3700X processor, and RX 5700 graphics. The problem started once I updated the graphic and chipset drivers to the current versions.

0 Likes

You can disable hibernation and fast startup. The computer will then use standby for sleep and may be more to your liking. 

This will show where those check boxes are to turn them off.

https://winbuzzer.com/2020/05/19/how-to-disable-windows-10-fast-startup-hiberboot-hybrid-boot-hybrid...

0 Likes

yea same here. I am trying to roll back the drivers but it's not showing me how to do it either.

0 Likes