cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

phynninen
Adept I

After all upgrade AMD Radeon HD 7770 is a big file 45 GB

I have upgraded AMD Radeon HD 7770 so it is now a huge data file 45 GB. Do I need all the files or is it possible to delete part of them? If it is possible to erase part, how I choose files that I can erase. ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

That is the Installation folder that is created every time you run the AMD Driver Package. It just keeps adding each and every driver and its related software that you install in that one specific folder located at C:\AMD. Thus it increases and enlarges every time your run the AMD driver package.

If you notice at the top you are located at Windows Root Directory C:\. The AMD Folder is located in the Root Directory C:\.

You can safely delete that entire folder since AMD doesn't need it anymore after you run the AMD  Driver package and install it.

You probably have updated your AMD driver several times without deleting that AMD folder. Thus each time you installed a new AMD driver it enlarged the AMD Folder quite a bit.

You can check this out by clicking on your Windows C: drive. When it opens you will see AMD Folder. That is the installation folder NOT a working AMD folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

If you are talking about the AMD Installation folder created each time your run the AMD Driver package at C:\AMD - Yes you can safely delete that folder to save space on your SSD/HDD and to prevent future conflicts when updating or installing future AMD drivers.

If you are talking about a different folder then you need to post the location and exact name of the folder that is over 45 GBs large.

0 Likes

I have enclosed two images of a screen. The images are rather dark but you can read them if you enlarge the pictures. They are not any installation programs, they are working programs,AMD file 1AMD file 1AMD file 2AMD file 2 so I think.

I have made the mistake to download all upgrades. I don't need an upgrade for games only for editing videos and Fotos.

0 Likes

That is the Installation folder that is created every time you run the AMD Driver Package. It just keeps adding each and every driver and its related software that you install in that one specific folder located at C:\AMD. Thus it increases and enlarges every time your run the AMD driver package.

If you notice at the top you are located at Windows Root Directory C:\. The AMD Folder is located in the Root Directory C:\.

You can safely delete that entire folder since AMD doesn't need it anymore after you run the AMD  Driver package and install it.

You probably have updated your AMD driver several times without deleting that AMD folder. Thus each time you installed a new AMD driver it enlarged the AMD Folder quite a bit.

You can check this out by clicking on your Windows C: drive. When it opens you will see AMD Folder. That is the installation folder NOT a working AMD folder.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for your help. Seems I am a novice with graphics. Now I have plenty of space on C-disk. This case is solved. 

Best Regards,

Pertti Hynninen