Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yrugeh
Adept I

Adrenalin won't launch + older versions not compatible with WIN11 drivers

So:

After updating drivers and Adrenalin, Adrenalin software wouldn't launch anymore in Windows 11.

• DDU'd everything, disconnected from the internet. Didn't work.
  • Contacted support and all they could tell was DDU this, DDU that, so no help there.
  • So I rolled back to the last working driver which was 21.8.2 and all was fine again, Adrenalin working as it should.
  • Now Windows comes with a new (AMD licensed for crying out loud) automatic driver update (30.0.13025.5005, which even can't be blocked when turning update for devices off) which gives this error when using 21.8.2:

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-22 105616.png

So now I have no way to access Adrenalin anymore. AMD and Microsoft are you guys actually trying to make my life harder?

Anyway, any help here would be greatly appreciated. 

• Win11
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 5700XT
  • 16GB Ram
  • 600W PSU
0 Likes
1 Solution

I came back here to help anyone with the same issue. I found my solution on Reddit (sad that there is more expertise there than at the actual AMD support).

Solution is to simply use DDU, but you need to select GPU > Intel (so NOT AMD). Apparently there is some hidden Intel driver messing everything up, so  you need to get rid of that. This fixed my problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies

Recently this User opened this AMD Thread for the same error PA-300: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/pa-300-error-with-5600xt-and-5500xt/m-p/506961#M152089

Thanks, but the workaround suggested there, with a pause of Windows update and whatnot is not what I call a viable solution... AMD is really dropping the ball here...

0 Likes

AMD doesn't have control if Windows Update installs an older AMD Driver which is why you need to prevent Windows Update from installing drivers in your PC.

To prevent conflict between the new AMD Driver being installed and the old AMD Windows Update driver replacing it.

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Windows installed drivers on my pc a few days ago..

I had the same problem, all I did was reinstall Adren on top and all is fine again..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Yeah, That would work for me too, but as I have stated in my OP: even before the new Windows driver, Adrenalin wouldn't open. That's why I rolled back to the old driver and that was the one that now conflicts with the new Windows driver. Ergo, I have no access to the adrenalin software.

0 Likes

Did you use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet/wifi disconnected and deleting the AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD?

If not then use that method and see if it makes any difference. Deleting the previous AMD Driver installation folder will prevent any conflicts while installing the current driver.

0 Likes

Yes I did. I tried DDU and the AMD-removal tool without being connected to the internet. And deleted the AMD folder. With no succes.

0 Likes

It is possible that there is a software compatibility issue with windows 11. Also during installation (when you downloaded the driver yourself from the off-site for your video card) There are 3 installation options to choose from: full, minimal and driver only, if only the driver is installed, then AMD adrenaline will not be installed. And accordingly it cannot be started. Minimal - amd adrenaline is available, but it is impossible to choose, as I understood, the setting for each game separately, well, all modes in AMD adrenaline are available, including the setting for each of the games.

0 Likes

I came back here to help anyone with the same issue. I found my solution on Reddit (sad that there is more expertise there than at the actual AMD support).

Solution is to simply use DDU, but you need to select GPU > Intel (so NOT AMD). Apparently there is some hidden Intel driver messing everything up, so  you need to get rid of that. This fixed my problem. 

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Hi, try to delete the CN folder and reboot (to get into this directory, you need to check the box to show hidden elements in the explorer.) see the photo.3.jpg

0 Likes

Thanks for all the advice guys, but I had already tried all that you have suggested here. Believe me, before I came to this forum I exhausted all internet-tips available. I had hoped to get some more support from actual AMD-moderators or something here, but it seems they have no time for decent client support, or they just don't care or they too don't know what is going on with their own software.

0 Likes