cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tuhosilppuri
Adept I

Adrenalin Instant Replay causes OS freezing/crashing

Whenever I enable Instant Replay from Adrenalin (23.4.1 or 22.3.2, or whatever the previous one was) certain games (e.g. Cyberpunk 2077 and Deep Rock Galactic) cause system freezes. Sound works for a while, mouse might move, but nothing works. "FPS" drops to about 1 frame every 30 seconds and using mouse or keyboard doesn't do anything, forcing a hard power cycle.

Did not have these issues with previous Windows installation (10), but I did not use Instant Replay in there. No freezes/crashes occur when I disable Instant Replay. I have reinstalled Windows 11 3 times now, and every time these happen. Yes I've tried different driver versions. Yes I've installed Chipset drivers. No I have not OCd/tweaked anything.

I have noticed that it seems every time the freeze happens, a "snap-like" noise can be heard from inside the computer case. These happen occasionally anyway, but they seem to concur every time the freeze happens.

Specs:

Reference 7900 XTX from AMD web shop

5800X3D

32 GB DDR4 3200

ASRock X570 Taichi

850 W PSU

VG27AQ monitor

5 Replies
kyl3patty
Journeyman III

Ooohh. That may be what's happening to me. I'm going to disable it (I forgot I turned it on) and try. I really hope that's what it is cause I'm getting frustrated lol. 

Specs: 

ASrock Phantom 7900 xtx

Intel i7-13700k

32gb ddr4 3200

Asus TUF z790-plus

1000w PSU

LG 32GP850-B + LG Dualup

kkennyy
Adept I

This happens to me too, switching to Amd after a long time team Green user, I got a 7900xt and after installing the drivers I immediately turned on instant replay since this I used shadow play all the time before. I started having random system freezes, picture hang, 0fps, sound stuttering, pc not responding at all, having to hard reboot and all was fine after. I feared I got a defective gpu, but then I disabled Instant replay and had 0 issues. Performance was better also, highers 1%lows I think.

So is it a known issue? I hope it will be fixed soon as I don't have any good alternative to instant replay. I did not try ir with hevc to see if it makes a difference, will have to give it a go, maybe the issue is only with h264. 

Seems to be solved after driver 23.4.2, i haven't had a freeze in 2 days, fingers crossed.

0 Likes

Hm good to hear, need to try it out again.

Too bad ever since 23.4.2, I'm getting constant "N has detected a driver timeout" messages while Adrenalin keeps crashing. Oh well...

0 Likes
kkennyy
Adept I

Same here, adrenalin crashes randomly, 1/2 times per day while doing nothing. Otherwise the instant replay is working fine. Starting to regret going amd.

0 Likes