cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

khun_doug
Elite

Adrenalin Chill and Frame Rate Target Control Not Working

I notice a change in Adrenalin 19.7.1 with the Chill and Frame Rate Target not operating properly. I was sure I saw the Chill option on the Gaming>Global Settings tab. Now I see an choice for Chill Hotkey in the Global area, and it assigned a default value of F11. Within Game Explorer I have specific games listed. Previously I would always hear three beeps when the game opened, indicating Chill was active. What I am experiencing now is that the games are listed, Chill is shown with a radio button to toggle on and off, and the Frame Rate Target Control is visible and has appropriate values set. But when I open the game the frame rate is ignored and Chill is not activated. I did a dummy update to the game to make Adrenalin believe I had changed the gaming profile and it seemed to work. But the next day the settings are again ignored. This definitely was not the behavior in previous versions of Adrenalin. Once I set the gaming profile for a game, the profile seemed to be sticky and the game always opened using those settings. How can I make Adrenalin keep these settings for the individual games?

The system is Windows 10 build 19H1. Adrenalin is version 19.7.1. I am using the Radio VII GPU. The PC has 64GB RAM, Intel I7-6850K and an M.2 NVMe SSD.

0 Likes
3 Replies
nolive721
Adept I

did you ever find a work around?  because I am having the exact same problem.Windows 10 1903 edition, VEGA 64LC and Radeon Adrenalin drivers 19.9.2

thanks

0 Likes

Yes I did. I am now running Adrenalin 19.10.2 and the Radeon Chill and the Frame Rate Target Control are clearly visible on specific games. Tthe settings work, and they are sticky. Seems there was a few versions of Adrenalin where these things were being hidden. But now they are back and clearly visible. And I have tested them and the settings appear to be working properly.

I hope that helps.

thanks for the quick reply 

I decided to do a full DDU, clean install of 19.9.2 drivers then all of a sudden CHILL working as intended with profile by Game set accordingly.getting the bip sound when CHILL activates confirming its indeed working and managed to get few degC down from the GPU in the early testing I have done. thanks again

0 Likes