Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cgraystone95
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 18.7.1 dual screen problem

Hi all,

I updated my drivers last night to Adrenalin 18.7.1 and started experiencing problems immediately after install. I run a dual screen set up, after updating my drivers to 18.7.1 so that I could meet the new World of Warcraft 8.0.1 prepatch requirements I lost the use of one of my monitors. It is receiving input and is detected by Radeon Settings, but it is not displaying any picture. If I set my display to extend displays, my display becomes very laggy but does not display across both monitors, only the original one. This problem has so far only been fixed by setting my displays to display only on the working monitor.

The monitor that is not working is connected to my discrete GPU through HDMI. The monitor that is working is connected to my onboard GPU also through HDMI. It doesn't matter which I set as the primary monitor, the discrete screen will not display a picture.

IGFX Multi-monitor is enabled, primary graphics is set to PCIe.

Prior to this update, I had no problems with my dual screen set up. Both displays worked fine. Rolling back to a previous update did not seem to fix the problem, but I may just need to roll further back than 18.5.1.

So far I have tested that both monitors and cards work by booting each monitor with only one of the GPUs enabled in the BIOS, I have disabled fast start-up, I have disabled XBOX DVR, I have tried a clean driver install.

SYSTEM INFO:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Discrete: AMD Radeon R9 390
    • Onboard: AMD Radeon R7 Series
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1
  • Display Devices
    • LG E2442, 1920x1080 @59Hz connected to HDMI