cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

milamber
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 18.2.2 won`t install completely (Clevo P570WM dual 7970M)

Hi,

I do have the following issue.

Ever the since 17.7.X Version of the Readon SW im not able to upgrade the driver.

The installation fails dring the process and either leafesme with a stuck or hungup System.

System:

Operating System:

Win10 64bit all Updates installed

CPU:

Intel SBE 2600

Chipset:

C600

Graphics:

2x7970M

Ram:

16GB

SFC \ DSIM Test showed no issues

Abnormal SW:

AMDRamdisk installed and used as system cache

No overclock applied.

All drivers are up to date, except for the Chipset ( an upgrade to the latest version makes no difference)

Issue description:

With ULPS enabled no driver installation is possible (Hangs during the driver installation itself)

- Solution: Disable ULPS

Any driver upgrade from Versions later than 17.6.2 is not possible.

- Driverdata is cleaned with DDU (Savemode)

- 17.6.2 is being installed

- ULPS is being deactivated in the registry afterwards

- Upgrade to the latest version of the AMD Software + Driver

==> Installtion hangs at the level of Software (hard reset necesary;driver is installed but the readon SW is partially missing)

- Somehow Crossfire has been activated so parts of the Software must have been Installed and working (Tested with PUBG)

- The AMD-SW Icon is visible upon a right click on the deskstop. Once clicked an error message apears that the Programis missing QT5Widgets.dll \ Faultcode 0xc000012F (Softwareinstallation failed or Registry Key missing)

- Reinstalling the SW is no use and alwys ends up in a stuck system.

- Additionally the Fan of the secondary card is stuck in idle (doesn`t ramp up RPM once the card get`s hot)

I'm assuming the crossfire is the culprit in this case but without the SW Center I'm not able to deactivate it.

0 Likes
0 Replies