cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kennekam
Journeyman III

ADM RX550 does not wake up after sleep mode

For years I was running an HPL1506 monitor on a VGA cable and an Apple Cinema 23 on a DVI cable using the embedded Intel graphics card on my Windows 10 PC.

Then, as I needed more power to run the Topaz AI software, I installed the MSI Aero Radeon RX550 graphics card. The HP monitor connects using a HDMI>VGA connector and the Apple monitor plugs directly into the DVI port.

For about a year, this combination worked perfectly, but in recent months, the Apple Cinema monitor does not start up when waking up from sleep or even when restarting. If I unplug the monitor from its power supply, nothing happens. But if I turn the desktop off and wait a few minutes, it restarts again. The HP monitor works as expected.

So, I have now removed the RX550 and plugged both monitors back into the on-board Intell card. All works perfectly.

So, there is obviously a problem with the graphics card. It is out of warranty so I cannot return it. What can it be? I have downgraded the firmware as much as I can as I suspected that it might be a problem with later releases.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
0 Replies