Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

chugnun
Journeyman III

Adding second monitor causes both screens to black out

Hello,

Have a Aorus RX580 8GB which works fine, drivers and radeon software all installs and works fine.

Connected to main monitor BenQ GL2450H from DIV-D to HDMI in monitor and it works fine.

Problem comes when i connect the second monitor.   When i start up i get the ASUS motherboard load screen and the windows logo appears but then when it should load the windows password screen both screens just go blank. 

Have used both monitors individually with both HDMI / DIV-D cables i have and had no issues with them working. 

The second monitor is a Dell E207WPF, windows cannot see this but Radeon software can when i connect this one idividually and start up.

I just cant get them to work together.

The RX580 card has only been used about 5/6 months, it has been put in this machine to replace a failing GTX770 which was about 6 years old and ran the same 2 screens with no issues at all.  I really hope the AMD card is not failing already considering how well the Nvidia card did.

Any help would be really good.

Rob.

1 Reply

I don't have a fix unfortunately. I only know that people have been having issues with their AMD cards and multi monitor setups for several years now. I gave up on my RX 580 ever working with both monitors correctly. I had an HD 7950 that worked fine for years too but now does not with current drivers. I fortunately can use the old pre Wattman drivers with that card and it still works great. However newer cards don't have this option to use older drivers that worked. I ended up just getting a different card to fix this plus other unresolved issues in the AMD drivers on my current gaming system. 
You can ask your GPU makers support department for advice as well as open and AMD support ticket here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes