cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Vongore
Journeyman III

[ABUSE] By: Vongore / Board: drivers-and-software-discussions (133929)

This was flagged as spam. Why was that? I just had a question :(. If I did something wrong please tell me so I can edit this. Thank you

Link to post: (Black Screens and Crashes when opening videos in browser and in-game)
by Vongore

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/black-screens-and-crashes-when-opening-videos-in-brows...

Hello! I've been reading this support forum and after weeks of looking for a solution, I'm convinced you guys can help me with my problem. I recently bought a brand new Gigabyte RX 5500 XT card. As soon as I plugged it in, switching out my old GTX 960, a lot of problems started. Games like Overwatch showed a green flicker, but the main issue was evident from the start: Everytime a video showed up in-game or in a browser, the whole screen went to black and after a couple stutter noises it came back as usual. This game me time to close whatever video was on the screen (even if it was paused, like on Facebook's Timeline). This is not only annoying, but after weeks of experimentation, I've found out a lot of things regarding this problem.  If I don't open a web page that might host videos (Youtube, Reddit, Facebook), games work without problem. If I've opened a video before, the card will stutter, making games unplayable   Some games won't open up at all. Like Gears 5. It will show that my card stopped working.   Other games, like Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm do not stutter at all and work perfectly (unless I've opened a video before)   In-game videos, such as Blizzard's animations before the game starts when you open them for the first time will also freeze the PC and show a black screen   Whenever one of these crashes appear, Adrenalin software will also crash, forcing me to close it through task manager and reopen it   Some apps like Battle.net will also stop showing any UI, but will still work through task bar Weird part is, this isn't constant. Sometimes, when experimenting, videos will play with no problem. I can use Twitch, Youtube and many more, sometimes at the same time and no black screen. This lasts until I suspend or restart. The fact that the problem show up some times makes me thing the card isn't the problem. But something is causing problems WITH it. My old GTX 960 never showed signs of this kind of issue. These are the steps I've taken to see if it worked with no avail:   1.- Formatted PC, clean start. Same problem (After using DDU the first time) 2.- Installing Drivers without installing Adrenalin Software 3.- Using old Drivers (going as far back as version 19 before the UI overhaul) 4.- Disabling most things in Adrenalin, such as FreeSync, antilag, or anything that might cause problems as seen on other solutions. 5.- Limiting my Display resolution and output refresh rate to the exact number as my monitor. No flex. This is what I think helped the most. 6.- Upgraded my PSU to a 650W one 7.- Got a new SSD just in case the old one was the problem 8.- Turned off hardware acceleration in most apps 9.- Tried to set up harsher fan controls, but since the crashes also restart Adrenalin, settings go back to default all the time. 10.- Tried undervolting. Same as Number 9. No OC and have never done it before   My current specs are: Computer Type: Custom Desktop GPU: Gigabyte RX 5500 XT 4GB CPU: Ryzen 5 3400 Stock settings  Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B450M Plus RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) slots 2 and 4 PSU: Corsair 650W VS650 Operating System & Version: Windows 10 ¨Pro GPU Drivers: 20.11.1 Here is a video of what happens:  https://streamable.com/x88zur As you can see, whenever the video is playing, the screen goes to black. Same thing happens when a paused video shows up in my Facebook Timeline Any ideas? Thank you!

This message has 0 replies

0 Likes
0 Replies