cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Bestmaster1
Journeyman III

ABS Challenger 5 5600G. Cannot run games and cannot choose card

ABS Challenger 5 5600G pre-built. Tried multiple games ranging from older to newer. No matter the graphics can never run at 60fps. Lucky if I reach 40! Cannot switch to the dedicated graphics card. Like I said cannot run games, tried messing with fps limiter and nothing changed. No workload option to switch cards. Kinda frustrating, a lot of money spent. Anyone help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

5600G is your processor which has an integrated GPU in it.  its not amazing but will run games just not at very high FPS.  if your settings are on high you likely wont get anything above 30-40 FPS on most AAA games.  you cant pick a graphics card in your system, its based on whatever you plugged your cord into.  if you did have a seperate graphics card (PCI slot) you would only be able to plug your monitor to that (you would get a warning on boot that says you have a seperate GPU and must use that) which would mean you are not using the integrated graphics in the 5600G 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
mrsmooth0711
Adept II

Which graphics card do you have?

0 Likes

5 5600G I believe? Idk it should run games amazingly. Gotta be something I’m missing

0 Likes

That's integrated graphics. Which means you don't have a graphics card. My son has a 5600G build and it won't really run AAA games. He plays Minecraft and the Lego Games and he gets around 50 FPS in those games with smooth gameplay.  

You can check to see what games your PC will be able to run with your Integrated Graphics on your 5600G APU Processor from here:

System Requirements Lab.com - Can I Run It 

PC Game Benchmark.com - Can I Run It

PC Builds - Can I Run It

Note: to run the latest games with the highest or second highest setting you will need a separate GPU Card installed with 4-8 GB of VRAM Memory. GPU cards are generally more powerful then Integrated Graphics.

0 Likes

No i definitely do. Radeon graphics, then the card is 5 5600G. 

0 Likes

@Bestmaster1 

There are two different types of GPUs:

1- IGPU - Integrated Graphics which is part of your Processor with Video Outputs from your Motherboard's video output ports.

2-DGPU - Discrete GPU Card which is a separate PCIe x16 card that you physically install with Video Outputs on the GPU Card itself.

If you don't have a separate PCIex16 GPU card installed then all you have is the Integrated Graphics from your processor.

EDIT: You can download and run SPECCY to show you all the hardware and software you have installed in your PC.

5600G is your processor which has an integrated GPU in it.  its not amazing but will run games just not at very high FPS.  if your settings are on high you likely wont get anything above 30-40 FPS on most AAA games.  you cant pick a graphics card in your system, its based on whatever you plugged your cord into.  if you did have a seperate graphics card (PCI slot) you would only be able to plug your monitor to that (you would get a warning on boot that says you have a seperate GPU and must use that) which would mean you are not using the integrated graphics in the 5600G