Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

bigwinnie
Adept I
Adept I

A6-5400K APU video playback problem

Hi guys,

maybe you can help me beacause I don't get a resolve on domestic forums. So I have a PC with A6-5400K APU without dedicated VGA and the video playback is awful. Picture falls and slips to pieces as you can see on the pic. And it is done even if I watch a video on youtube or the PC. I have tried a lot kind of drivers...newest one, older one, the suggested driver by the Auto-detect Utility but nothing helped. Flash Player is up to date, but there is an interesting thing: if I use Chrome, there's no problem. But with Mozilla the problem is stand by. Even if I use Chrome, videos on PC are bad. So I think it's not the browser's fault. I have no idea. I think I should buy a dedicated cheap VGA and try with it. Any idea?

My config: A6-5400K, Asrock FM2A55 (or maybe A75)M-DGS, 2x2GB DD3-1866, XFX power supply, 1 HDD, Win7 Prof. 64 bit

0 Kudos
6 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: A6-5400K APU video playback problem

Please provide more information.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

I would recommend disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome and Firefox to see if that resolves the issue. 

0 Kudos
bigwinnie
Adept I
Adept I

I've already tried it. But I think there is no connection between the browser and videos stored on PC. I think I wrote most of the information, but it is here:

- no dedicated VGA

- Win 7 Prof. 64bit

- more driver has been tried (newest one, 15.7.1, 14.4, and maybe an older one, ~13.xxx(?)

- display: I don't know exactly, because this is my parent's PC, but it is some cheap LG IPS 22" with DVI, fullHD

- Asrock FM2A55 (or maybe A75)M-DGS

- A6-5400K

- XFX 450W 8maybe Pro Series)

- 2x2GB Kingston DDR3 1866MHz KIT

Need any information?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

The HD7520G series GPU inside your APU has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then both of the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
bigwinnie
Adept I
Adept I

Yes, I know that, read it. And I know DDU as well, I tried to uninstall driver with it so I did a clean install. As you can see, I have already tried a lot of things. But nothing helped.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried a clean installation of Windows?

0 Kudos
bigwinnie
Adept I
Adept I

No, I haven't, but as I wrote above, it's my parents's computer and I am at home about once in a month for a weekend. So I don't have too much time for it. But you're right, I should try the Win reinstall. Or maybe I should try to install 15.6 beta because of THIS​. Maybe I said wrong and I have tried not the v14 driver but following 15.7.