Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

knaaksnuut
Journeyman III

A Question about the AMD Radeon Vega M GL

Hello,

I am considering buying a laptop that comes with a "AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL" built in.

I am not a pc gamer by any means, and I never play anything I own on high settings (my current desktop is about 6 years old, which I upgraded with a GTX 960 a few years back).

But it IS able to play games like Metal Gear Solid V, Arkham Knight and Final Fantasy XV (albeit on low settings, 30fps is achievable).

I'm not familiar with AMD's graphic cards and find it hard on what to compare it to, I've heard people comparing it to Nvidia's 1050 series.

Is it at least able to play the above games? The laptop will be primarily used for video editing and drawing so its not top priority, but it would be nice if it could play all the games I currently own.

In case anyone is wondering, the laptop in question is the HP Spectre x360 15-ch020nd.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Vega M GL is a little slower than the GTX 960

When I compare it to the GTX 1050, they seem quite similar. With slight differences and the AMD coming out better even.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-vs-AMD-Radeon-RX-Vega-M-GL/3650vsm453719

But when I take Final Fantasy XV, arguably the most demanding game I own, the benchmark scores couldn't be more different, with only 9 fps on lowest settings.

AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL GPU - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Both graphic cards appear in similar laptops in just about the same price range, but this seems off to me. Can someone verify or debunk this?

0 Likes