cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ypie
Journeyman III

8x6700xt mining rig. Driver keeps crashing.

Hi there,

• We built a mining rig using 9x6700xt xfx gpus but it would not work with 9 so I did some reading and heard they say the driver only supports 8 so we removed one card and it was working fine with 8 cards and the newest driver for about 4 hours then it crashed and after that only detected 7 cards. Device manager picked up 8 but msi afterburner and the miner only 7. So we removed the driver and installed an older version of the driver. This fixed the issue for about 24 hours then it crashed and now it seems to only pick up 3 cards. Please help ? 
  • Rig specs:
  • Asus b250 mining expert
  • 8gb RAM
  • 2x 1200Watt cooler master PSU
  • 120 gb SSD
0 Likes
6 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

Good. I wish it shorts and burns your rig to hell.

guess in this time of shortage, complaining about your 9 gfx cards rig won't get you much friends here

Well, the cards pay for themselves if you buy one for gaming and spend a few minutes setting it up for mining when you're not actively gaming.

0 Likes

How were you able to acquire 9 RX6700XT GPU Cards since they have been in very short supplies since they first came out?

kirby561
Journeyman III

I've been having this issue for about a year with a 6 6700xt rig. I can keep it mostly running by restarting once a day but I have to uninstall the GPUs that had errors in device manager, shut down the PC and completely remove power for a minute, then restart to recover. It seems to run with 5 much more reliably although even that occasionally gets errors. I'm considering just running 2 3x systems since the GPUs are the expensive part anyway and I can reuse the PSUs.

0 Likes